Aston Villa agree deal to sign Croatia goalkeeper in January 2019
By Saron Lease, 26th December 2018
According to the BBC, Championship side Aston Villa have agreed to sign Croatia football hero goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic on a four-and-a-half-year deal.
The 28-year-old will join Villa from Belgian top-flight side Gent when the transfer window opens on 1 January.
Kalinic becomes Villa boss Dean Smith’s first signing since he took over in October.
Smith said: “We are delighted to be signing someone of Lovre’s experience and quality. He is an outstanding goalkeeper.”
Kalinic was a member of the Croatia squad that finished runners-up at the 2018 World Cup, playing only in their final group game against Iceland.
At 6ft 7 ins, and capped 14 times, Kalinic has become Croatia boss Zlatko Dalic’s first-choice keeper since Danijel Subasic retired following the World Cup final defeat by France.
Photo © www.avfc.co.uk
- Browse Villas in Croatia
- To book Croatia villas: Email: [email protected], Tel: UK 0044 (0) 117 409 0850 / USA +1 (0) 914 826 8530,
- Browse Croatia Locations
- Explore the best Croatia Beaches for your Croatia Holiday…
- Check out Things to do in Croatia
- Search Flights to Croatia
- Check out our Special Offers Page