Zoom in on Croatia Series: Best Croatia villa holiday spots on the Split Riviera
by Saron Lease, Croatia Gems Company Founder & Director, 24th February 2017,
Where to find your idea holiday spot, a short transfer from Split airport with gorgeous beaches, scrummy restaurants and delighful corners to discover...Croatia Gems gives the lowdown on what the the Split Riviera has to offer.
The Split Riviera has something for everyone and is a great place to base yourself - with it's array of bays and beaches, historic old towns and beautiful islands and places to visit within easy reach, it is a very desirable spot for a holiday in Croatia
Okrug Gornji & Okrug Donji
Ciovo is an island but it is actually connected to Trogir Old Town and the mainland by a little bridge so no need to worry you will be stuck on an island - far from it! This is a great place to be if you looking for a family friendly holiday in Croatia. 5 minutes drive from Trogir Old Town (or about 25 minutes in a water taxi from the little harbour) is Okrug Gornji (upper Okrug) - Okrug is the main part of the island with a stretch of beaches, cafe's, little harbour, restaurants and grocery shops - a very convivial spot with residential streets all leading to the beach! Water sports and facilities mean family days at the beach are coverered. Here you can walk to most places from your villa. Okrug Donji (lower Okrug) is the next place along and quieter but still with access to Okrug Donji, restaurants etc - better if you want a bit more peace. For a beautiful change of scenery, try the understated yet wonderfully located Restaurant Konoba Duga - a simple menu of organic produce right on a stunning beach. Hop on a water taxi from Okrug Gornji and spend the day here, it's fantastic.
Where to Stay?
- Villa Zelen is situated in the sought after village of Okrug Gornji, only 150m from the beach, restaurants & cafe bars
- Villa Apartment Lux is a super 2 bedrooom apartment with exclusive pool right above stunning Saldun Bay right next to Okrug |Grnji and walking distance to Trogir Old Town
- Villa Doriana is a superbly located on the beautiful island of Ciovo - this lovely villa is in a sunny position, and has recently been renovated.
- Villa Apt Select overlooks the Adriatic Sea and includes the latest in pool design, giving you the impression of being on a beautiful sandy beach, plus a sauna, two Jacuzzi and relaxing sunbeds.
- Browse more Villas in Split and Trogir on the Split Riviera
- To book any of the villas mentioned in the article, contact Croatia Gems Villas: Tel: 0044 (0)1275 813815, [email protected], www.croatiagems.com
- Find out More Information about the Split Riviera, Croatia
- Explore the best Beaches on the Split Riviera for your Croatia Holiday...
- Check out Excursions & Things to Do in the Split & Trogir Area
- Explore Restaurants on the Split Riviera
- Search Flights to Croatia
- Check out our Special Offers Page