CAVTAT BAY, DUBROVNIK - A SUBLIME CROATIA VILLA HOLIDAY DESTINATION
by Saron Lease, Croatia Gems Company Founder & Director,23rd February 2017,
Guide to Cavtat: Quintessential Croatian charm & a vibrant holiday destination is what Cavtat is all about.
Best Croatia Holiday locations - Cavtat Bay on the Dubrovnik Riviera is one of the nicest Croatia Villa holiday destinations. If you are after the atmosphere and warmth of Croatia’s traditional old towns then Cavtat Bay on the Dubrovnik coast, is for you. It’s popular yes, but it still retains its many charms because it hasn’t been over developed. Croatia doesn’t allow much development and so it has managed to keep its coastline special. Cavtat doesn’t allow cars into the bay in the summer either so it remains a haven...
Cavtat is essentially 2 pedestrianised bays with a pretty peninsula in between providing shade for lovely afternoon or evening stroll’s under the pine trees. You can wander all around Cavtat’s bay actually – it’s nice and flat and hasn’t changed much in the last hundred years. The old buildings and churches are just as they once were – only the palm trees along the front have got taller.
These days the jet set moor their boats here (Roman Abramovich frequently moors here when he’s in town) and this lends a rich ambience to the setting – a bit of people watching’s always nice on holiday! A good selection of restaurants, from top end to casual, tempt you along the sea edge although wine tasting at one of the cafe’s might hold you up!
Where to Stay?
Villas are the best bet in our opinion because they give you that freedom - with so many nice places to eat, why tie yourself down? There aren't that many villas here but there are some corkers if you can book them in time;
- We’d recommend Villa Cavtat - nestled just above the middle of the bay with perfect, pretty views from it’s balconies, and a pool to luxuriate in (ok flake out around!) you can’t go far wrong in our opinion... the gorgeous interior is a bonus and the holiday is an immediate success.
- Villa Topaz is another special villa - a beautiful garden and pool with views to teh sea and across to Dubrovnik Old Town itself...
- Villa Ante is a smaller apart-villa for 6 -8 guests and is within easy wandering distance to the Old Town of Cavtat and all teh restaurants and swimming spots.
Where to Eat?
- For a great evening out try Bugenvila Restaurant on Cavtat Riva (sea edge) - a lovely location and dining area with a classy and innovative menu & certainly not standard fare.
- And for a sublime evening right on the harbour full of atmosphere, try Restaurant Dalmacija - great food and a fantastic location.
Where to Sunbathe & Swim?
- We'd recommend the Peninsula "on the rocks" by the beach bar - you'll find it...
- Or on the left of the old town bay - steps into the sea and chilled out cafe bar next to you - what could be better...
- If you like the sound of Villa Cavtat, Villa Topaz or Villa Ante you can find out more by contacting: Croatia Gems, Tel: 0044 (0)1275 813815, [email protected], www.croatiagems.com
- Find out More Information About Cavtat Bay, Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Explore the best Beaches in Dubrovnik for your Croatia Holiday...
- Check out Things to Do in the Dubrovnik Area
- Explore the Locations on the Dubrovnik Riviera