Croatia Villa Holiday Hunting this Easter - Lowdown on the Best Locations
by Saron Lease, Croatia Gems Company Founder & Director, 15th April 2017,
While the weather has turned a bit cooler for the Easter bank holiday, the sun is heating up in Croatia where it’s been in the mid 20's this week! Easter marks the start of the holiday season - Croatia holiday villas are booking up so where are the best holiday spots to head for?
Mlini Bay & Cavtat Bay are two favourites of ours on the Dubrovnik Riviera – only 10 & 25 minutes drive respectively from the Old Town of Dubrovnik and a short airport transfer. They are within easy reach of everything else in the area and real top spots for a Croatian holiday. Both bays have restaurants, shops and swimming spots within walking distance and– Mlini Bay has some of the nicest beaches in the area whereas Cavtat has real old Med charm.
Our Favourite Dubrovnik Villas:
- In Mlini Bay, check out Villa Mlini, Villa Tereza and Villa Kim – great villas, perfect wandering distance from the bay.
- And in Cavtat Bay, check out Villa Cavtat and Villa Topaz – gorgeous seaviews and pools, and close to everything.
Korcula Island is a bit of a hidden treasure in amongst the Dalmatian islands... Stunning vistas and wonderful coastline with scores of sparkling little bays - Korcula has fantastic beaches, not to mention its a major wine region of Croatia. What’s not to like? Korcula Town and pretty bays like Zavalatica Bay are where we’d head for.
Our Favourite Korcula Villas:
- On Korcula Island, check out Villa Zavalia for a slice of heaven!
Brac Island is quickly gaining a reputation for its quality holidays and its beautiful surroundings and coastline. Brac beaches to die for and quaint sea side towns and villages oozing with atmosphere not to mention plenty of things to do to keep you entertained ... Sumartin Bay, Milna Bay & Bol Town are our favourites on Brac Island or for a bit more hustle and bustle, Supetar Bay is great...
Our Favourite Brac Villas:
- Check out Villa Sinatra – right by the sea with a beach bar and restaurant close by.
- And just along the lane, Villa Godistar is a larger villa - beachfront with wonderful views.
The Split region also has many hidden gems – Split Old Town is a fabulous place to explore but don’t spend too long there! The national parks are on your doorstep here so sightseeing-wise, you’re spoilt for choice. You are also at the gateway to the islands so hopping on a boat to explore is a no brainer – this is the way to explore what Croatia is all about.
With stunning scenery and somewhere for everyone, head for the main beach town of Okrug Gornji if you want plenty of things to do or get the best of both worlds at Slatine Bay up the coast - just 5 minutes drive from the Trogir Old Town with restaurants and beach bars, but near beautiful unspoilt beaches and water taxi’s to Trogir and Split old town. Further up the coast is the pretty town of Seget Vranjica which has a gorgeous bay with beaches and restaurants and on the other side of the little peninsula, there’s a beautiful walkway lined with more restaurants, water sports, beaches and plentiful holiday charm. Then there’s Marina Bay with it’s bobbing boats and holiday atmosphere, or just a few minute’s drive from Marina, immerse yourself in the stunning scenery of Sevid.
Our Favourite Split Villas:
- We’d recommend Villa Zelen in Okrug Gornji, close to everything so great for families with teenagers.
- In Slatine Bay, you can’t beat the locations of Villa Juliette and Villa Slatine.
- And in Seget Vranjica, Villa Pearl is the perfect spot if you want to just check in and have everything a wander from your doorstep.
- Browse Villas in Croatia
- To book Croatia villas: Email: [email protected], Tel: 0044 (0)1275 813815,
- Browse Croatia Locations
- Explore the best Croatia Beaches for your Croatia Holiday...
- Check out Things to do in Croatia
- Explore the Locations on the Dubrovnik Riviera
- Search Flights to Croatia
- Check out our Special Offers Page