Skyscanner votes Croatian Beach 2nd Nicest in the World
by Saron Lease of Croatia Gems, 2nd November 2018,
Renowned for having the clearest and cleanest water in Europe, one Croatian beach has made popular tourist search engine Skyscanner’s list of 10 of the World’s Best Beaches!
Although Zlatni Rat on the Dalmatian island of Brac is the islands and one of Croatia’s most famous beaches, it is Lovrecina beach on Brac which has made the list. Check out the top 10 below.
- Laguna Beach, California, USA
- Lovrecina, Brac, Croatia
- Waikiki Beach, Hawaii, USA
- Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
- Paleokastritsa, Corfu, Greece
- Anse Source d´Argent, La Digue, Seychelles
- Navagio, Zakinthos, Greece
- Portinatx, Ibiza
- Palawan, Philippines
- Pedn Vounder Beach, Cornwall, England
Lovrecina Beach is situated in a tiny beautiful forested bay and close to Postira (4km) on the Island of Brac. Hiking trails and paths meander along the sea edge under the trees from Postira so you can cycle or walk if you feel like it or just come by car via the island road (limited parking). There are many picturesque bays to see from the road but this one stands out. The bay has a sandy bottom which stretches all the way out to around 100 metres. A lovely place to spend the day, there is a cafe/restaurant just behind the beach for lunch which is worth a visit as it serves local specialities. On the way down to the bay you will notice the remains of an ancient Roman summer villa and an early Christian basilica too.
- Browse Villas in Croatia
- To book Croatia villas: Email: [email protected], Tel: UK 0044 (0) 117 409 0850 / USA +1 (0) 914 826 8530,
- Browse Croatia Locations
- Explore the best Croatia Beaches for your Croatia Holiday…
- Check out Things to do in Croatia
- Explore the Locations on the Dubrovnik Riviera
- Search Flights to Croatia
- Check out our Special Offers Page