Split & Trogir villas – it’s time to head for the Split Riviera
By Croatia Gems 12th November 2022
With good value flights to Croatia, it’s time to head for the Split Riviera, with loads to offer families of all ages. With pretty beaches, breath-taking landscapes, and a range of beautiful family villas with pools. Find a selection of large villas with pool, sea edge villas, luxury Croatia villas, all with access to the islands. The area is a huge favourite with our customers.
If you fly to Split, Croatia, you can easily be on some best beaches in Croatia within the hour 😉 – yes really! Split Airport is very small and it’s a quick 20 minute transfer to the old town and beaches of the Trogir Riviera. Bustling Okrug Gornji is a great choice if you want everything on hand. It has pretty beaches, water side eateries, shops, beach activities. Also there are water taxis into the old town of Trogir which is the best way to travel round here!
This is a lovely area with something for everyone and all age groups. Okrug is the closest bay to Trogir with the most amenities so it’s the ideal holiday location if you want to just arrive and start relaxing! There are a cluster of villas with pools around the bay, some of which are on the sea edge and some set slightly back on the hill. Okrug is all about easy access to everything.
For a more relaxed location head for the opposite side of Ciovo island, and lovely Slatine Bay. This is the perfect spot for a bit of kayaking or body boarding. Some nice restaurants now opening there too.
Check out some Split & Trogir villas from the selection below
Or do also check out our many By Request only villas:
- Villa Marissa in Okrug – overlooking the bay. Sleeps 6, prices from €2,782 per week in May – €5,060 in peak season.
- Villa Moonstone in Okrug – on the sea front in a pretty bay – 6 bedrooms – Sleeps 11, prices from €5,600 in May – €9,800 per week in peak season
- For Slatine Bay, for some luxury check out Palm Tree Villa – by the sea! Sleeps 12, prices from €3,750 in May – €8,000 per week in peak season
- Or the new beach villas in the bay Villas Cinquento – beautiful Croatian villas with pools right on the beach, some have heated pools – Gym facility on site: for 6 bedrooms €3,570 per week in May and 7,512 per week in peak season, and usefully, any day change over so you can get cheaper weekday flights.
- New in 2022, Villa Angela at Okrug Donji has 4 bedrooms and is an easy walk to beach and restaurants. More in nearby Okrug Gornji. €5,405 in the high season.
The lowdown on the Split & Trogir area
Trogir is quaint and pretty with shops, restaurants and lovely coffee shops. It’s car free in its old town so a delightful rabbit warren of little lanes. Here you’ll find hidden restaurants and Juliette balconies festooned with pots of colourful flowers. Or there’s a great opportunity to ‘people watch’ from a café bar on the promenade overlooking the smart yachts moored in the marina. It also has a colourful daily Fruit Market and one of the squares is dominated by ice cream shops. A very popular place to take the children!
Ciovo Island is reached by a little bridge from Trogir and has a plethora of places to explore. Seek out the laid back & unspoilt beaches of Slatine. Or head to the hidden Konoba Duga, the best local food on the island (try the steaks, they are organic and superb). Maybe then snooze by the sea and go for a swim in the calm, clear bay…
There are plenty of little bays to discover here or head into the middle of the island for views in all directions! The Roman old city of Split is a boat hop away and with all the water taxis there is really no need to use a car. There are plenty of day trips and activities if you get bored of the beach – beautiful waterfalls, Mostar, Hvar island..