Split Villa Holiday – Watch Joe Lycett in ‘Travel Man: 48 Hours in Split’
By Croatia Gems, 6th February 2023
How fortunate are we as we get to preview lovely Split old town, in Croatia, in the repeat of Channel 4’s ‘Travel Man: 48 hours in Split’. This airs on Friday evening (10th February 2023) or on catch-up at All4. If you’ve already booked your Split villa holidays or are considering doing so, do watch Joe Lycett’s entertaining programme. You’ll get an idea of what to expect and why you should visit.
Aisling Bea is Joe Lycett’s guest and they bring out the best of Split’s culture and eccentricities In return Split gives them “the MOST fun in stunning Split – we tub, we cook, we paddle board, we dog…” (@joelycett).
Joe & Aisling’s Split town itinerary
Joe has a lovely way with him, and he and Aisling pack a lot into their 48 hours, including:
- arrival at the waterfront at Split on a private speedboat transfer directly from the airport jetty
- tour of Split old town including Diocletian’s Palace and they note not to (as Lonely Planet says) “expect a palace, though, nor a museum – this is the city’s living heart, its labyrinthine streets packed with people, bars, shops and restaurants”. Joe observes how locals have occupied nooks in the rambling palace fabric to make their homes. He can see it’s a true neighbourhood, and lovely for it.
- join a local chef for some Croatian cooking.
- have the most enjoyable sunset paddle boarding lesson on the lovely Bacvice beach (Aisling was a natural, but Joe, not so!).
- join a group of tourists to walk rescue dogs on a beach reserved for doggy outings (the pair loved the idea of tourists ‘giving something back’), and
- visit the crazy Froggyland – a museum populated by hundreds of stuffed frogs!
Holidays to Croatia Split
Split has even more to offer than Joe experiences. Split old town is a must-see, However most locations for Split villa holidays are best found up and down the coast from the city. There you’ll find lovely beaches, interesting coves, islands and national parks to visit. There are plenty of activities to keep you all amused, no matter what your ages.
Check out these things to do as a starting point for planning your holiday.
Beach holiday Split
Top of most people’s must-have list is access to a lovely beach, and they certainly won’t be disappointed on the Split riviera. Down from Split town is Podstrana where you’ll find 9 kms of beach. You’ll find lots of sea edge village locations offering villas an easy walk from beaches, restaurants, and café bars. All will be within easy reach of UNESCO world heritage Trogir old town (another of those ‘must-sees’!). Many are connected to Trogir and Split by water taxi or local bus services and provide a great base from which to explore. Check out these Split area beaches.
Split villas for rent
Whether you want to be able to do without a car or to have a bit more seclusion, there are Split villa holidays to suit you. Split villas include sea edge luxury with something like Palm Tree Villa, which at 6 bedrooms is large enough for an extended family group. Or a family villa with amazing views like Villa Marissa or Villa Lendra, or perhaps away from it all like Villa Rosa. Perhaps you are looking for a more affordable family villa like Villa Pearl or Villa Doriana?
Hopefully we’ll see you in Split soon, and whatever Split location takes your fancy, if you don’t see the right villa for you in our villa search here, do also have a look in our ‘By Request only’ portfolio for more options.
- Browse Villas in Croatia
- Search Croatia Villas
- Browse Croatia Locations
- Explore the best Croatia Beaches for your Croatia Holiday…
- Check out Things to do in Croatia
- Search Flights to Croatia
- Check out our Special Offers Page
- To book Croatia villas: Email: [email protected],
- Tel: UK +44 (0) 117 409 0850 USA +1 (0) 914 826 8530