Sleeps 8 | 4 Double Bedrooms | 3 Bathrooms | Sea Views | Hot Tub
This family seaside villa gives the most wonderful sea views from the terrace, and it’s just a stroll to the sea
VILLA AURORA – MLINI BAY, DUBROVNIK RIVIERA
Villa Aurora has one of the best locations, sitting within a short walk of the very pretty and peaceful little fishing village of Mlini, and 10 minutes from the Town of Dubrovnik. It’s a super cosy family seaside villa with wonderful sunsets over the bay.
This family seaside villa has the most wonderful sea views from its terrace and whilst it doesn’t have a pool, it certainly makes up for it in terms of location. Built in 1907, in the traditional Mediterranean style for this area, it is tucked away in one of our favourite villages just a short stroll from the sea (500m).
It has four comfortable bedrooms and is suitable for 8 people. The living room and kitchen are situated on the ground floor, two bedrooms are on the first floor and two in the attic.
Mlini Bay is a very pretty fishing village just 10 minutes drive outside the beautiful Old Town of Dubrovnik. Mlini is protected by high mountains, and pine, cypress and olive trees surround the bay – it is very attractive village with a little harbour and a lovely old stone houses with terracotta roofs.
The little cafes and restaurants in Mlini Bay, all situated close to the family seaside villa, are perfect for watching the sun go down in and, of course, for enjoying freshly caught fish and local wine! Mlini also has wonderful pebbly and rocky beaches with calm, clear water to revive your spirits… Other available activities in Mlini include sailing, scuba diving, water-skiing, and hiking.
Mlini is historically known in the area for its water mills (“Mlini” means “mills”) which were powered by the fresh water mountain springs – you can see the streams as you wander around the pretty pathways in the village – very pleasant indeed and plenty to discover. There are lovely little restaurants and cafes scattered around the bay and all serve fresh fish and delicious organic, local wine!
Mlini has a long stretch of pebbly beach and beautiful turquoise, calm sea on one side, along with a pretty little harbor, and on the other side there is a beautiful sweeping bay with little coves and pine shaded beaches to discover as you meander along the path – all very relaxing. For more sophistication, head into Dubrovnik Old Town and explore the windy streets – there are plenty of shops and cafes and wonderful architecture to enchant you. Or head out of Dubrovnik altogether and discover its nearby islands by kayak or bike!
- Inside area 120 sq m
- 4 Double bedrooms, sleeps 8
- 3 Bathrooms, two with shower and one with bath tub
- Living room with eating and seating area, SAT/TV, DVD
- Kitchen is equipped with tea/coffee maker, refrigerator, freezer, oven, microwave, dishwasher, electric kettle, toaster, kitchenware
- Furnished terrace with sea view and barbecue
- Air conditioning units in two rooms in the attic; the other rooms and living room have a ventilator
- Washing machine, iron, hair dryer
- 150 m to public parking
- Hot Tub on terrace
- Family seaside villa
- Beach: white pebble beaches just downhill – by stairs 250 m from the family seaside villa, 8 minutes walk
- Shop: 100 meters approximately 5 minutes walk – mini market and bakery – there is also a big supermarket 1km away
- Restaurants and bars: in Mlini Village 5-10 minutes walk – 100 – 300 meters approximately
- Bank: cash points are 10-20 minutes walk
- Internet café: 5 minutes walk into Mlini
- Pharmacy: 15-20 minutes’ walk (Srebreno) – a doctor & nurse team is also on hand during high season for tourist care
- Snorkelling and Diving: 250 meters
- Boat Trips & Water Taxi to the Old Town of Dubrovnik: from Mlini Port
- Car/Passenger ferry: 25 minutes (Dubrovnik)
- Dubrovnik Old Town: 10 km – 20 minutes
- Airport: 12 km – 15 minutes (Cilipi)
We had a lovely holiday.
The villa was exactly as it said on the website and Carmen was really useful helping us – picking us up from the supermarket if needed and refilling the tub – which we used as a cold tub as it was too hot to use a hot tub.
It was very clean although we had to keep ants at bay in the kitchen.
I loved the view.
Didn’t find any new restaurants.
Best, Julia” August 2019
Spotlessly clean, friendly and very helpful owners and a great position , larger than we expected and views were spectacular. Thank you so much for all your help Mick G June 2018
Prices Per Week
All prices are in Euros (€) per villa/ apt/ room. Prices shown in other currencies are indicative and an estimate only.
Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights.
Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less
Please note: Some prices may still be in the process of being confirmed – please confirm price on booking.