Sleeps 6 + 2 | 3 Bedrooms | 3 Bathrooms | Pool | Sea views
Stunning traditional Brac villa renovated to a high standard
VILLA BAKALA – MIRCA BAY, BRAC ISLAND
Set in the middle of the charming village of Mirca, this stunning traditional Brac Villa is just a short walk from the beach and a lovely restaurant, or a short drive to the centre of Supetar with all its facilities and ferry port.
Villa Bakala is a stunning traditional Brac villa which has 3 bedrooms and is fully air-conditioned. On the ground floor there is an open plan living/dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, a separate WC and a small laundry room. The main bedroom is also on the ground floor and is en-suite with a door leading out onto a side terrace. From the living room a staircase leads to the first floor which contains 2 more bedrooms: a double bedroom, a twin bedroom and one family bathroom. There is one more bathroom with shower next to the outdoor eating area. Each room has SAT TV, air conditioning and a safe. In the living room is a sofa bed which could sleep an extra 2 people.
** Restaurant Recommendations: we’d recommend you try Grill Garden Restaurant, which is just 1.5 km from Mirca Bay and it is a really nice place, with its own pool and amazing views – great food with mid-range prices. For guests who would like a really exclusive but authentic dining experience, we’d recommend dinner at the Senjkovic Winery in Dracevica village. There they have a small courtyard where they cook exclusively for a small number of guests each evening – there is no menu – only a tasting menu paired with their boutique wines. They never book more than 15 people so larger groups of 15 would likely have a private dinner just for them (book at least 3 months in advance).
- Sleeps: 6 people plus an extra 2 if the sofa bed in the living room is required
- Bedrooms: 3 bedrooms (including 2 x double bedrooms and 1 twin bedroom). Terrace off ground floor bedroom also.
- Bathrooms: 3 bathrooms (1 en-suite to ground floor bedroom and 1 family bathroom upstairs, plus 1 outside by pool), plus 1 Separate WC:
1st Bathroom – WC, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, ground floor, en suite;
2nd Bathroom – WC, Bath with Shower, first floor, family bathroom;
3rd Bathroom – WC, Shower Enclosure, by the pool;
Cloakroom – WC, next to the living room.
Bathrooms are equipped with hairdryers, towels and basic complimentary toiletries.
- Kitchen: yes fully equipped with Dishwasher, Freezer, Kettle, Microwave, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster
- Washing machine: yes
- Other equipment: DVD Player, Hairdryer, Iron, Safe, Satellite TV, Stereo System, Internet Access, BBQ
- Air Conditioning: fully air-conditioned
- Pool: yes with patio area
- Parking: yes, secure parking
- Beach: 900m
- Shop: 200m
- Restaurant: 900m in summer (out of main season, nearest restaurant is 2 km from the villa)
- Supetar: 3km – walkable in around 30 mins
- If you just want to relax , without having a car, the nearest restaurant / coffee bar is only 10 minutes on foot
- Just 2 minutes by walk from the villa is a grocery shop. Bigger supermarkets, souvenir shops, vegetable and fish market, pharmacy, hospital, bank, ATM, gas station, more restaurants, cocktail bars and night bars, all can be found in the town of Supetar, just 5 minutes’ drive from the Villa by taxi or a bus. If you prefer to walk, it’s a nice 30 minutes stroll or 10 minutes easy bike ride.
- Very popular area for cyclists
- 1.5 km from the bay, a short drive/taxi, will bring you to the Grill Garden which is a really great place for families, good food & wine and they even have their own pool! Mentioned by practically every guest we send to Brac as the best place to eat.
- There are 14 ferries to Brac from Split every day, for a great day out hop back on the ferry with the locals in the morning and explore atmospheric Split old town, loads of galleries, museums and shops, and street markets selling all kinds of local produce, take one of the early ferries and the fish market will still be open for you to stock up for the BBQ.
Thank you – we found Villa Bakala perfect, and Sanja’s help and advice was invaluable and always reliable. Thank you for your help as well with booking the Villa!
Best wishes, JB “July/August 2022
“What can I say ! from the really good air conditioning, TVs in every room, supremely comfortable super king size mattresses, a heated swimming pool with whirlpool spa and fab quality garden furniture. Small touches like the herb garden and traditional outdoor kitchen made this place special, as did the sound of the village church bells.
Sanja’s restaurant recommendations were spot on and she often made bookings for us. She also organised yoga classes at the villa and one morning I found her drying the decking with towels at 6.45am ready for my 7am lesson – that really is service.
The villa includes pool towels as well as daily maid service which is a bonus.
We’ve stayed in some lovely villas but this is absolutely first class an we can’t wait to go back. FH” June 2019
“Beautiful traditional stone villa which completely reflects the photos. One of best vacation rentals we have ever stayed in and the service we received from Sanja was exceptional.
Every detail has been thought of inside and out, from the outside lighting, to the barbecue area and the air conditioning in every room, comfortable king size beds not to mention the numerous bathrooms including a full shower room beside the pool. If we could have stayed all summer we would have loved to! The heated pool was the perfect size for our 9 and 6 year olds as it wasn’t especially deep. LG” July 2018
Prices Per Week
All prices are in Euros (€) per villa/ apt/ room. Prices shown in other currencies are indicative and an estimate only.
Please Enquire for Prices
Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights.
Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less
Please note: Some prices may still be in the process of being confirmed – please confirm price on booking.