Sleeps up to 12 (8 + 4) | 4 Bedrooms | Pool
Four modern one bedroom apartments make up this pretty stone Villa, secluded in large gardens with a pool
VILLA CILIPI – KONAVLE, DUBROVNIK RIVIERA
Villa Cilipi is a pretty stone villa with pool, set in large private gardens in a small, picturesque village close to the bay of Cavtat.
Villa Cilipi is a pretty stone villa with pool. It sits in large private gardens and is so secluded it can sometimes be difficult to find – it’s that private ! but the bubbly villa manager Kate will talk you in and make you feel so welcome . She will also provide maps and help with directions to the nearest swimming spots, the nearest one is just a 15 minute walk through the woods or a few minutes drive. She is a mine of local info and is available for you 24/7.
The villa is made up of 4 separate one bedroom apartments, all furnished beautifully and all have air conditioning in both bedrooms and living rooms for your comfort. The property is surrounded by large gardens which make for a very peaceful and private location – super place to stay for both families and groups of friends.( the pretty stone villa with pool is rented as a complete unit only.)
Each apartment has cca 60 square metres, capacity 2+2 people and consists of a hallway, bedroom (air conditioned), living room (air conditioned), fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and terrace cca 15 square metres, suitable for outdoor dining and overlooking the forest. Each apartment has its own parking place, internet connection and SAT TV.
Konavle itself is beautiful – rambling countryside scattered with pretty, tall poplar trees and traditional villages, streams and rustic restaurants serving the best of local produce. Within just few minutes by car are some idyllic swimming spots, beautiful beaches and stunning bays – Molunat, for example is a stunning place to laze away a day and find your own corner of paradise.
Take a wander through pine forests, or visit historical towns of Cavtat (7 km) and Dubrovnik (20 km) where there is a whole variety of excursions and delicious local cuisine. One of the most interesting draws of the Konavle region is that it was traditionally, and still is, the main wine and olive growing area of the Dubrovnik Riviera so be sure to make the most of that with lots of wine tasting and sampling of local dishes!
For the more active families Go horse riding or on the ATV buggy safari which is only 4km from the house! Also near by are a couple of adrenalin parks where there are tree top walks zip lines and absailing . Cilipi itself is one of the most popular Sunday destinations locally as they have traditional dancing in the main square!
A wonderful place to spend an afternoon/evening is Konavoski Dvori which is a superb riverside traditional restaurant serving local specialities in a stunning setting. It is possible to get a local taxi to the restaurant should you with to sample the local wine before returning safely to your pretty stone villa with pool and a peaceful sleep.
This is a lovely relaxing spot and is close to many activities and wonderful beaches in the area. Just arrive and relax!
- Sleeps: 10 when rented as a whole villa (8 + 2)
- Number of bedrooms: This pretty stone villa with pool comprises 4 x 1 bedroom apartments. Where the house is rented as a whole, the maximum capacity is 10 people (8+2). There are 4 double bedrooms + 2 single sofa beds.
- Features: The villa is in a very quiet area. It has a private swimming pool, a large garden, and each apartment has a balcony or terrace
- Kitchen: Includes a cooker, an oven, a microwave, a fridge, a freezer, a toaster, an iron and ironing board. You will also find a washing machine in Apts 3 and 4. There are safes in Apts 1 and 2. Each bathroom has a hair dryer. There is a cot for use at no extra cost on request.
- Number of Bathrooms: 4 all with massage showers
- Parking: Yes – private room for 4 cars to park
- Air Conditioning: yes
- TV/Satellite: yes
- Internet: yes
- Mobility Rating: 1
- Car Recommended: yes
- Pool: open May – Sept inclusive – please enquire otherwise (2 sun loungers and 1 umbrella per apt). The measurements of the pool: Surface: cca 24 m2 (7,5 m x 3,2m) Depth: 1,65m ( water depth 1,5 m) Sunbathing area: cca 45 m2.
- Beach/Sea: There is very nice local rocky beach Luka cca 1.2 km away ( cca 20 minutes on foot using walking paths through the wood, or 3 min drive); and very nice pebble beach Pasjača- cca 4 km away. 10km to the south is a pebble beach at Molunat and gorgeous Cavtat is 7 km away too (the house is located between Cavtat and Gruda) Cavtat has gorgeous places to swim, water sports, diving, boat trips to islands etc is a short drive. Of course Dubrovnik old town which is a must see is only around 40 minutes drive ( or park in Cavtat and catch the water taxi in ! ).
- Cilipi also has a shops and bars and a pizza-restaurant; a wonderful riverside traditional restaurant is 7km away called “Vinica Monkovic”– definitely worth a visit! Konavoski Dvori also a superb riverside traditional restaurant, is just next to it so you are spoil for choice!
- Bank, Pharmacy and Internet café: The closest bank is at the airport (cca 2.5 km away)but there is an ATM in the village, post office is in Cilipi (cca 400 m – uphill walk). Other amenities are in Cavtat (15 min drive) or Dubrovnik (30 min drive)
- Other activities: Horse riding, ATV Buggies Safari – both 4km.
- Car/Passenger Ferry: An easy drive is Dubrovnik, and you can enjoy its history and entertainment; a number of ferries depart from there to nearby islands as well as the National park on the Island of Mljet
- Airport: 5 min drive from Dubrovnik airport
“Perfect holiday with friends and family!”
Reviewed 22 Oct 2018
The house is perfect for bigger groups of family and friends. The house is very neat and clean and it has a wonderful outdoor area with the Pool, the Terrace and your own Figtree! The location is perfect for exploring the Dubrovnik area. You can take the boat directly from Cavtat to Dubrovnik old Harbour, you can experience stunning cliff rock swimming just 2km away and the local store can provide you with fresh bread and pastry for your outdoor breakfast or picnic. The Villa is 4 separate rooms each with own kitchen,toilet and bathroom, communal area. Shared pool. Spacious garden and outside patio. Sunbeds by pool. Towels and body wash/soap. Very clean. Very spacious (especially upper floors). Microwave and dishes/cutlery. TV and WiFi provided. Really Good shower. Excellent villa. The Location 5-7 mins drive from Dubrovnik airport. 10-12 mins drive to Cavtat port. Difficult to find with Google maps and uber but the location is good. 5 mins walk from 2 restaurants and supermarket. Kate can help arrange transport if need be. The villa itself was amazing, the host was even better. Cannot believe the lengths she went to for us. Thank you for making our stay so memorable Kate. I hope others get to enjoy the villa and your hospitality as much as we did. Overall definitely 10/10. July 2019
“Amazing villa, absolutely wonderful host”
Reviewed 21 Aug 2017
We were a party of six ranging in ages from 25-86. We were travelling from the US and Canada and this was our first trip to Croatia. Beginning our journey in Cilipi was a decision we did not regret. It was minutes from the airport (a Godsend after a long trip) and it was quiet and peaceful. The location provided a wonderful hub from which to explore the region.
The 4 individual apartments were well appointed, pleasing to the eye, very clean and spacious. Each apartment had individually controlled air conditioning as well as lovely French doors to the outside patio. The bathrooms were super and the showers were awesome. The pool was lovely, sparkling clean, warm and a perfect spot to end the day.
We ate breakfast together on the large table on the back patio each morning where we discussed the day’s itinerary. Kate provided us with a lot of brochures and maps so we felt very knowledgeable. She gave us information on the area – where to eat, where to swim, where to get groceries, how to get to Dubrovnik – a perfect hostess. She checked in with us regularly to make sure that all was well. Kate even called and made dinner reservations for us!
Review June 2017
Prices Per Week
All prices are in Euros (€) per villa/ apt/ room. Prices shown in other currencies are indicative and an estimate only.
Click here to visit our Price List
Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights. This preety stone villa with pool is quite flexible however and will consider shorter/longer stays.
Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less
Please note: Some prices may still be in the process of being confirmed – please confirm price on booking.