Sleeps 8 | 4 Bedrooms | 2 Bathrooms | Pool
A haven of rural peace yet so close to Dubrovnik & beaches
VILLA DONI – BOSANKA, NEAR DUBROVNIK, DUBROVNIK RIVIERA
Villa Doni sits just above the old town of Dubrovnik in a pretty and traditional village – it’s close to one of the area’s best Konoba’s and the cable car that takes you right down to the entrance of the Old Town (just a 20 minute walk or 10 minutes in the car)!
Villa Doni is a spacious villa with pool in one of the best locations you could hope for. The village is actually mentioned in the French “Routard” guide book and in Jonathan Bousfield’s “Rough Guide to Croatia” – This is a haven of calm, away from the hustle and bustle but yet only 10 minutes drive from the old town of Dubrovnik (an obvious must see with lots going on) and the beautiful beaches of Mlini and Kupari. The peaceful rural surroundings make a great setting for hiking, cycling, or simply driving from one viewpoint to another to take breathtaking photographs (the area sits directly above the old town of Dubrovnik and so the views are amazing!).
While staying at this lovely spacious villa with pool families can enjoy being in the countryside with goats, chickens and lambs grazing happily. Children can play safely and freely among the open spaces and trees and one of life’s biggest hassles, parking, simply doesn’t exist here as there is endless space. You can cycle here easily and there is a little local restaurant “Konoba Dubrava” just a 5 minute walk away for when you don’t want to cook. You will fall in love with this lovely area!
The villa has four bedrooms – three with king size beds and one with a double bed and cot. The comfortable living room has satellite TV and leads on to a fully-equipped kitchen. There are two bathrooms; the downstairs one has a shower and the upstairs one has a bath.
Outside there is a lovely and Summer Kitchen /Dining area, and of course there is free Wifi and ample free private parking
- Sleeps: 8
- Double bedrooms: 4 (including 1 with a cot)
- Bathrooms: 2 (1 with bath; 1 with shower)
- Fully equipped kitchen: Refrigerator, Oven, Washing Machine, Dishwasher, Kettle, Toaster, Microwave, Coffee Machine, Iron, Ironing Board
- Air conditioning: yes
- Technology: Wifi, Satellite TV
- Pool: yes with sunbeds and terrace
- Outdoor BBQ: yes
- Summer Kitchen: yes
- Free Parking
- Sea & Beach: 10 – 15 minutes drive – Banje Beach next to Old Town of Dubrovnik and beaches in the Bay of Mlini
- Dubrovnik Old Town: 10 minutes drive or 45 minutes walk downhill or take the new cable car
- Cable Car to Dubrovnik Old Town: January 2019 prices: 150 kuna return per person & 85 kuna one way (you can go by car to mount Srđ , park the car there and then down by cable car and then come back again by cable car)
- Shop: 10 minutes drive
- Local Bus: from the main road every hour to Dubrovnik Old town
- Restaurants and bars: 5 minutes walk to local restaurant – the new cable car has a restaurant and snack bar also (more in Dubrovnik)
- Bank: 10 minutes drive
- Pharmacy: 10 minutes drive
- Walking: lovely walks with magnificent views
- Pony Riding: 5 minutes drive (Brgat direction)
- Airport: 20 minutes (Dubrovnik)
Car Recommended: advisable – there is a regular bus service from just outside the village that goes into Dubrovnik during the day and you can walk down the hill in 20 minutes if you are quite fit – there is an old pathway but it is quite rough . The cable car is nearby but is expensive to use every day.
We had a fantastic time in this villa and the host was there if we needed anything, she was very helpful.
The villa is in a lovely location up in the hills, you can walk down to Dubrovnik but it is a very steep walk, your best off using Uber which is half the price of a Taxi (recommended by the host). We would definitely recommend this villa. Pat UK July 2019
The location. Quiet, rural, yet easily accessible by taxi or public transport. There is also a walk down ( you need sturdy shoes ) 15 minutes to reach the main road amazing views !! there is a tunnel under the road and then its just a few mins walk to the old town – villa was spacious pool was great and local Konoba a must! PH Netherlands Sep 2018
Please enquire for prices
Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights.
Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less
Please note: Some prices may still be in the process of being confirmed – please confirm price on booking.