Sleeps 8 | 4 Bedrooms including Guest cottage | 3 Bathrooms |Pool | Walk to the Beach
Beautiful traditional converted farmhouse with pool, rambling gardens and orchards situated a 15 minute walk from the beach with activities for all the family nearby too
VILLA LUCIA – KONAVLE, DUBROVNIK RIVIERA
Villa Lucia is a two hundred year old traditional converted farmhouse with pool situated in a tiny village in an area known as Konalve, often likened to Provence – the current owners are descendants of the original owners who had built the house at the beginning of the 19th century.
Villa Lucia is a gorgeous traditional converted farmhouse with pool. When the house was converted, every effort was made to preserve the original spirit and feel of the house, and this has been done beautifully. It’s a little oasis of peace & calm, the perfect place to just chill with your nearest and dearest.
The house is set in a corner of very spacious grounds spreading over several different levels in front of and to the west of the buildings. The property is approached from a country road through a gated entrance, from which a pathway leads to the entrance of the inner partially walled garden. The garden is additionally sheltered from outside view from the guest house, and much greenery, so complete privacy in very peaceful surroundings.
The ground floor of the main house has now been turned into a Summer Kitchen. It is a large open space accessed from the garden in which there is a fully fitted kitchen (gas cooker, electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher) and a comfortable dining area especially useful for the occasional grey or rainy day or escape from the sun. It is a space which remains pleasantly cool when it is scorching hot outside. It also houses WC and laundry facilities, and an occasional daybed, useful for lounging on, or perhaps for a child’s nap when the family are in the garden.
The living quarters start on the first-floor level of the main building which is reached by a pair of stone staircases climbing up from the garden and meeting together in a small terrace in front of the house entrance. The terrace is bordered by a stone seating, thus turning this space into a cosy outdoor lounge.
The villa was completely rebuilt in 2014 transforming it into a traditional converted farmhouse with pool. It now sleeps 8 guests in 4 bedrooms. It is decorated in traditional style, with much use of its original antique furniture; the exception to this is with the kitchen and the bathrooms, which are appointed to high quality modern standards.
Attached to the main house is the Guest Annex. This is an attractive open-plan, split-level space with a high ceiling and plenty of light. The upper-level area has a double bed, bathroom and walk-in closet, while the lower level functions as a living room. The ottoman on the lower level can be used as an extra bed. When it is not used for sleeping, the Guest House offers a tranquil corner for anyone wanting to read or write or to have a peaceful conversation and is a welcome addition to this traditional converted farmhouse with pool.
The outdoor space has several additions, first and foremost – the pool. The original terrace, covered with a kiwi pergola, with its stone-built barbecue, remains the main dining space during the summer months. A low-lying stone wall now separates the shaded dining area from the sunlit poolside terrace.
A couple of steps lead from the poolside terrace up to the sun deck which offers extra space for sunbathing. A few more steps down from the poolside terrace lead to the lower garden level. Away from the pool area, under a creeper covered pergola, another stone-paved terrace is situated between the tall garden wall and the main house.
This is a gorgeous area of tall cypress trees and wonderful old villages, beautiful scenery, stunning beaches and lots of activities! There are wonderful quintessential fishing villages and pretty coves, beautiful views of the sea, walks through ancient vineyards and olive groves and activities such as horse riding, folk events, sightseeing etc are available in the surrounding country side.
You don’t need to leave the village but if you do fancy getting out and about to explore the Dubrovnik Riviera, then everything is within easy reach. Cavtat, a charming sea edge old town with a delightful selection of restaurants and cafe bars is 15 min drive away and of course, the ‘must-see’ Old Town of Dubrovnik is only a 30 min drive away. You could even water taxi in from Cavtat right into Dubrovnik Old Town’s harbour!
One of the most interesting draws of the Konavle region is that it was traditionally, and still is the main wine and olive growing area of the Dubrovnik Riviera so be sure to make the most of that with lots of wine tasting and sampling of local dishes! It is known for its quality wines, olives, olive oil, and wide variety of local produce so the gastronomic side of Konavle is not to be missed! Visit local taverns and wine cellars and partake in some wine tasting, and try some local traditional delicacies – this region has a mouth-watering selection of some of the best traditional eateries on the Dubrovnik Riviera…
With a fantastic beach close by ( getting up and down is a bit of a challenge but well worth it ) and even a horse riding ranch in the village it’s just the perfect place to get out and explore the surrounding country-side. Take your camera as the location is really quite stunning . If you are more inclined to have some fast paced action, then there ATV buggies too. And to keep the youngsters amused and have some family fun visit the new Activity Park near Gruda offering bike rides, Zip Lines, Archery, Giant Swing, Paintball, Slingshot and such like.
- Sleeps up to 8 guests (note: an additional child can be accommodated on the ottoman in the Guest House – please enquire)
- Bedrooms: 4 doubles – in the main house these have twin beds set together as double beds, while the Guest House offers a small double bed (140cm wide) and an ottoman (90cm wide – see note above)
- Bathrooms: 3 (2 in the main house and 1 in Guest House) each with a sink, toilet, shower & hairdryer; two of them have an extra bidet, and one has a bath with a shower
- Change of linen once a week, change of towels twice a week
- Parking space inside the property gate for up to three cars
- Appliances: Cooker with gas burners, electrical oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, kettle and toaster in each of the two kitchens, and an extra microwave oven in the downstairs kitchen
- Washing machine, iron and ironing board
- Satellite & Smart TV, Wi-Fi
- Separate WC
- All bedrooms and the living room are air conditioned
- Minimum stay: 7 nights in June, July, August and first half of September.
- Beach/Sea: Pasjaca beach is just 15 mins walk or 5 mins drive mixture of sand and pebbles and there is very nice local rocky beach Luka cca 3.2 km away Prevlaka beach is nice too near Moulenat and 6km to the south is a pebble beach at Molunat . Gorgeous Cavtat is 10 km away too – lovely swimming spots! Cavtat has gorgeous places to swim, water sports, diving, boat trips to islands etc is a short drive. Of course Dubrovnik old town which is a must see is only around 40 minutes.
- Shops, Restaurants and Bars: The village of Gruda is cca 4 km away( two good restaurants there) and a few shops
- Cavtat is 10 km away with a large variety of restaurants/cafes etc
- Cilipi also has shops and bars and a really good pizza-restaurant;
- a wonderful riverside traditional restaurant is 7km away called “Vinica Monkovic”– definitely worth a visit!
- Konavoski Dvori also a superb riverside traditional restaurant, is just next to it so you are spoilt for choice!
- Bank, Pharmacy and Internet café: Gruda has an ATM, Post office Shops and cafes etc
- Other activities: Horse riding in the village, ATV Buggies Safari – both 5 mins away . Hiking at Prevlaka Park, Montenegro and Bosnia borders both a short drive.
- Car Recommended: Although the house is conveniently located in the middle of the village, barely 200 m from a bus stop for the Dubrovnik and Cavtat bus lines, we’d recommend having a car to get out and about and explore!
- Car/Passenger Ferry: An easy drive to Dubrovnik, and you can enjoy its history and entertainment; a number of ferries depart from there to nearby islands as well as the National park on the Island of Mljet
- Airport: 10 min drive from Dubrovnik airport
Just to say what a smashing location , just what we needed to recharge the batteries , bus stop into Cavtat was nearby but yes it was easier with a car as you said and we got to experience the gorgeous mountain restaurants too – fresh trout to die for . So glad we didn’t stay on the coast it was really nice but too hectic – lovely to come back to tranquillity Ana was really helpful and helped us do a supermarket shop on arrival. Beautiful introduction to your wonderful country and we will definitely be back. Jerry & Lou 2018
We had a wonderful time & Ana was very helpful. She coordinated an island hopping tour, as well as a private chef for our last night.
The house was perfect – close to the airport and ideal for day trips. The kids enjoyed the pool, too!
We will definitely recommend you to friends. Nicole” June 2016
Prices Per Week
All prices are in Euros (€) per villa/ apt/ room. Prices shown in other currencies are indicative and an estimate only.
Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights. Villa Lucija is a converted farmhouse with pool and prefers a Saturday to Saturday booking in high season
Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less
Please note: Some prices may still be in the process of being confirmed – please confirm price on booking.