Whole Property Sleeps 10+4 | 5 Bedrooms | 3 Bathrooms | Pool | By Beach
Brilliant family beach villa – great location just 20m from the beach, with pool, in lovely Slatine Bay close to restaurants & water taxi to the Old Town of Trogir
VILLA SLATINE – SLATINE BAY, SPLIT RIVIERA
Slatine Bay is one of our favourite locations, with its laid back feel & plentiful beaches, water sports and restaurants, plus a convenient link to nearby Trogir by water taxi – brilliant beach Villa Slatine ticks all our boxes.
Lovely Family Villa Slatine has a great position, just 20m from the sea and the gorgeous Plaza Beach. It is a brilliant family beach villa, where you can chose to lounge around on the terraces by the pool and enjoy the views of Kastela Bay and the mountains or take a dip across the road in the lovely clear sea.
A great place to relax, Villa Slatine is split into a ground floor and a 1st floor area so would be ideal for two families or a group of friends.
The medieval town and UNESCO World Heritage Site town of Trogir is just 10 minutes drive away, where you will find a scrumptious fruit market and countless shops and restaurants. However, you don’t have to drive as there is a water taxi station on the beach, great way of starting the night.
Take an evening walk through the tiny cobbled streets and squares and enjoy great sea food and Italian ice cream and just soak up the atmosphere.
Plaza Beach is just across the road from this brilliant family beach villa and is a beautiful spot to chill out. Shaded by pine trees with a Beach Bar & Restaurant called the Restaurant Bistro Plaza, there is also a shop for fresh bread every morning and a selection of local meats and vegetables for your BBQ.
Nearby Slatine Village and Slatine Bay generally have more restaurants and beaches and a short drive or kayak up the coast brings you to Kava Beach and the tip of the island! Kayaking is great fun as the sea out there is non tidal there are no large waves to knock you over.
There are plenty of things to do in the Split & Trogir Area like visit the Krka Waterfalls & Sibenik, Boat trip to Hvar Island & Blue Caves of Vis Island, visit the Mostar Old Town & Bridge and also the Plitvice Lakes.
The villa is split into two apartments and comprises:
- Ground floor – table with 4 chairs
- 1st floor – table with 6 chairs
- 5 bedrooms (4 double beds, 2 single beds) – 10 sleeps
- 2 additional sofa beds – 4 sleeps
- 2 living rooms
- 2 kitchens + 1 summer kitchen
- 3 bathrooms with toilets
- 2 large terraces + verandah
- Air conditioning – there is a central unit on each of the floors
- Washing Machine
- Terraces Balconies: yes
- Childrens Play area
- Pool 30m ²
- Pool area: Lounge set for 5 people, 3 wooden sun loungers and 3 folding sun loungers near the pool. Next to the grill there is a table with 2 benches (seating 8 people) plus 2 chairs at either end of the table.
- Ground floor Front terrace: 3 sun loungers
- 1st Floor terrace: table with 6 chairs
- Transfer: 25 minutes by car from Split airport via bridge connecting mainland to Ciovo Island (no ferry crossing required). Frequent bus service also available if car hire/transfer not desired. Taxis available or bike hire.
- Shops: Tommy’s supermarket is a short walk from the villa (approx 100m), with a larger supermarket and fruit market in Trogir. Slatine also has a bakery.
- Restaurants/ bars/ cafes: Restaurant and bar Plaza approx 100m from the villa, with more restaurants in Slatine village about 1km from the villa (approx 15 minute’s walk)
- Swimming: in front of the villa!
- Beach: in front of the villa! Just come out of the villa, cross the road and you are on the beach!
- Hiking: yes – all around – the island has lots of countryside
- Boat hire: yes in Okrug or Trogir
- Pharmacy: in Trogir ( but you can also get basic stuff at Tommy’s )
- Passenger ferry: at Slatine Port (just opposite of the restaurant Dida) there is a water taxi service to Split. Cost for water taxi is approx 25kn per person and it takes 30 minutes to Split.
- Car/Passenger ferry: Split (40 minutes away) – to access the islands and Dubrovnik
- Airport: Split (25 minutes away)
- Mobility Rating: 1
- Car recommended: optional
- Other: quite good bus service which runs along the road outside the villa (in the high season, buses about every 1.5 hrs to Trogir and Slatine )
The bedrooms are comfortable and have plenty of storage. The air conditioning was very welcome. Although it’s in the living room it cools the bedrooms if you leave the doors slightly open.
The villa is just across the road from the beach. The beach cafe wasn’t open when we were there as it was too early in the season (last week in May/first week in June). There are several good restaurants within a 20 min walk in either direction of the villa. Walk into Slatine and you can get the ferry to Split or Trogir. There is also a bus stop almost opposite the villa with buses running all along the coast. There is a small supermarket just a few hundred yards from the villa which stocked everything we needed.
Frane and his family were lovely and so considerate. During our stay Frane kept in touch by email to see if everything was ok, and to arrange linen changes and pool cleaning to fit in with us. Anne UK
A really well designed property , particularly the garden. Lots of shady places. Nice big table and super-handy outdoor kitchen.
The pool is wonderful. The whole place is immaculately clean, inside and out.
The location couldn’t have been better for us:- only 15 minutes taxi ride from the airport (thanks to the new bridge connecting Ciovo to the mainland)
– beach (& bar) just one minute walk away (cross the road & you’re there)
– a couple of minutes walk to the nearest Tommy’s (Croatian grocery store)
We really liked the friendly beach bar & had several happy evenings there. The kids played air hockey and boules, or played in the trees & on the beach, while the adults relaxed with a drink. Pizza and seafood, good prices.
We also enjoyed walking round the coast to the heart of Slatine, where we had a couple of good meals by the harbour, and also got the boat to Trogir for a really lovely evening out (taxi back to the villa very reasonable price).
The road is not good for walking to Slatine harbour (no pavement), but there are plenty of buses. Or do as we did and walk along the beach and up onto a rough track (and a final steep walk). It’s not far, & is a fun walk with good views and a couple of nice quiet swimming spots. Cant wait to come back ! Emily UK Aug 2019
Prices Per Week
All prices are in £’s (GBP) per villa/ apt/ room, per week, unless otherwise stated:
Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights.
Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less
Please note: Some prices may still be in the process of being confirmed – please confirm price on booking.