Sleeps 10+2 | 5 Bedrooms | 5 Bathrooms | Pool | Sea Edge | Hot tub | Kayaks | Bikes
“I would like to thank you and your team at Croatia Gems, for a fantastic holiday – we had the greatest time ever, probably one of our best holidays”
VILLA ZAVALIA – ZAVALATICA BAY, KORCULA ISLAND
Villa Zavalia is a fabulous villa with infinity pool on the beautiful island of Korcula – breathtaking location right on the sea edge.
If you are looking for a fabulous villa with infinity pool on Korcula, Villa Zavalia ticks lots of boxes. Perched on the tip of the peninsula jutting out of the village of Zavalatica, it has a commanding position and beautiful views out to sea.
The interior of the villa is a combination of Mediterranean and contemporary The villa has four double bedrooms and a twin room all en-suite & downstairs there is a spacious living area, dining area and fully equipped kitchen.
The fabulous villa with infinity pool has a very private location despite having houses on either side. The plot is large and access to the sea is usually limited to those staying at the property. There’s a superb bay on one side which makes a perfect ‘off the beaten track’ beach and it’s also only a short walk to the village with a terrific local Konoba (domestic restaurant) pizza place Cakula which does everything from coffee to great pizza and a local shop.
A car isn’t necessary but we’d recommend one for getting to the villa and for sightseeing – Korcula Town is a half hour drive away and this is a must-see – the Old Town of Korcula is a beautiful medieval town which is full of atmosphere and has many little shops and café/bars/restaurants, including a cocktail bar on one of the town’s turrets!
If you have a car then you can explore the islands beautiful and lush villages, or why not take a trip to the Island of Mljet (a national park) which lies between Korcula Island and Dubrovnik. It makes for a wonderful day trip and is quite lovely – it’s possible to hire bikes to explore or there are loads of hiking tracks.
The Peljesac Peninsula is also just a short hop on the little ferry and also has sweet little fishing villages to explore – great beaches very popular with campers rather than your usual hotel crowd , they tend to have some great beach restaurants too. Head for places like Perna if you want to try your hand at a spot of wind or kite surfing! The wind picks up in the afternoon and the channel between the Peninsula and the island makes for perfect conditions.
Food & wine is a big thing here as it is all over Croatia now. The island is known for some award winning wines and there is a local vineyard just outside the village . Local food fairs happen through the year with everything from Pizza making lessons to shellfish preparation and of course there are plenty of wine tours.
Of course should you want to cook yourself at your fabulous villa with infinity pool there is plenty of local produce to enjoy. Your lovely housekeeper will be happy to suggest the best places to shop. Or you can also send a pre-arrival shopping list and she will make sure it’s all there for you ready. For a night off Konoba Albert in the village is happy to deliver.
Super villa with infinity pool, mooring, kayaks and mountain bikes
- Sleeps: 10+2
- Number of bedrooms: 4 double bedrooms + 1 twin (the 2 top floor double bedrooms also each have a sofa bed of 200 x 140cm)
- Features: right on the sea! Pool & Hot tub
- Balconies: yes
- Dining Room: yes, lounge/dining area
- Kitchen: fully equipped kitchen
- Number of Bathrooms: 5
- Air Conditioning & Internet Connection: yes
- BBQ facilities: yes – on terrace by the pool.
- Fitness Equipment: enclosed Veranda
- Pool: Private pool and terraces.
- Villa is completely fenced (outdoor area 1560 square meters)
- Parking: yes for 4 cars
- Bicycles & Kayaks: There are usually 6 bikes and 2 double kayaks at the villa (subject to servicing or repairs)
- Mooring: Berth can be booked in local port in the village bay not far away
- Access to the sea from the villa: steps down into the sea from the patio below the villa
- Access to each floor by external stairs only
- Mobility Rating: 3 (steps internally and externally)
This fabulous villa with infinity pool is just perfect to experience authentic Mediterranean outdoor living – enjoy sea views & beautiful sunsets Access to the sea is provided by stairs from the villa terraces.
Infinity pool specification
Pool is equipped with high technology water control – Full automatic disinfection of pool water. Pool dimensions: 10m*5m , max depth is 1,6 m, and kids area 1,2 m. Waterfall effect , Mushroom effect, Water massage effect, Led lighting (8 colours), Pool shower.
- Terrace near the pool with sea view and entrance to sea (250 square meters),
- Terrace over the pool partially covered with wooden beams comfortable for alfresco dining and barbecue, providing spectacular sea view (terrace is on second floor in front of living room and kitchen, 110 square meters,
- Terrace is on the third floor in front of two bedrooms affording stunning sea views to open Adriatic Sea (terrace is 35 square meters).
Living room with sea view and large terrace in front with sea and pool view, fire place, comfortable leather sofas, and living room is equipped with LCD TV, Internet access, DVD, SAT, cable, Home cinema and audio. The living room, dining and kitchen are air conditioned. The living area and its terrace is most comfortable after a day on the beach to enjoy beautiful sunsets – archway through to dining area and kitchen.
Fully equipped kitchen – with cooker, oven, two large fridges and ice maker, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, wine cabinet, blender, coffee machine, and including all kitchen accessories and appliances.
The villa is conveniently located within 20 minutes drive of the historic town of Korcula, as well as walking distance to restaurants, cafe bar, pizza restaurant and grocery shop.
- Coast/beach: In front of the Villa few meters below the Villa pool and terrace, or 5 minutes walk to sandy beach Zitna.
- Shop: In the bay, walking distance from the villa
- Restaurants and bars: In the bay, walking distance from the villa
- Bank: cash point and bank in cottage Cara or Smokvica, driving distance 5 minutes or in Korcula old town.
- Boat trips: Boat trips available in local port or Korcula old town port.
- The Housekeeper can arrange additional concierge services / wine tasting etc – Please ask for our “Concierge Services Sheet”…!
Surrounding Areas & Distances
- Dubrovnik Airport: 150 minutes drive, car rental or taxi is available at the airport.
- Split Airport: 150 minutes drive by ferry, car rental or taxi is available at the airport
- Ferry/Catamaran to Split: 20 minutes drive to Vela Luka
- Ferry to Orebic (Peninsula Peljesac): 25 minutes drive to Korcula (Domince)
- Catamaran to Dubrovnik: 20 minutes drive to Korcula
- Old Town Korcula: 20 minutes drive, with car or taxi
- Main Port: 20 minutes.
- Local Port: walking distance 5 minutes.
- Local bus transportation: bus station near the villa walk distance approx. 2 minutes, 25 min drive to Korcula and 20 min drive to Vela Luka with bus.
- Car Recommended: Optional but yes
How Long Does it Take to get to the villa from Split / Dubrovnik Airport?
As a rough guide (not accounting for your flight/ferry times/traffic/borders etc):
- From Dubrovnik Airport it is around a 2 hours 15 minute drive to get to the town of Orebic, then there is a 15 minute ferry ride form Orebic across to Korcula Town, and then about a half hour drive on to the villa from there (so from Dubrovnik Airport it is approximately 3 hours assuming that you get straight onto ferries and do not have to wait for them).
- Or if you fly to Split Airport you can drive to Split Port (approx half an hour from the airport) take the ferry to Vela Luka and drive from there – the ferry takes around an hour and a quarter and then it is about an hour’s drive to the villa. Again, approx 3 hours in total assuming you do not have to wait at all for ferries. If you go via Split Port then you can also store luggage by the ferries and go and have a wander around the Old Town of Split as it is right there next to the ferry port. There are lots of nice restaurants, coffee bars and shops so plenty of nice things to do if you need to wait for a ferry and they ferries are lovely for watching the islands go by.
Transfers – Getting to the Villa
Our Tip: Great Hosts! The Housekeeper can arrange many additional services – Please see Villa Zavalia Concierge Services for prices & what’s available
*Supplier: 3rd party supplier – please see our website for full details & terms at Transfers in Dubrovnik
[/tab] [tab title=”Interior Spec”]
- Bedroom number one with double bed with en-suite bathroom. Bedroom is on first floor with nice enclosed veranda, equipped with TV, SAT, Internet access, room is air conditioned, bed dimensions 200*180, It has front sea and pool view;
- Bedroom number two with double bed with en-suite bathroom. Bedroom is on first floor with nice enclosed veranda, equipped with TV, SAT, Internet access, room is air conditioned, bed dimensions 200*180, It has front sea and pool view;
- Bedroom number three is twin room and bath is cross the hall. Twin room is on second floor, equipped with TV, SAT, Internet access, air conditioned, bed dimensions 200*100, It has one side sea view;
- Bedroom number four with double bed with en-suite bathroom. Bedroom is on third floor with sea view terrace, equipped with TV, SAT, Internet access, room is air conditioned, bed dimensions 200*180, It has front sea view;
- Bedroom number five with double bed with en-suite bathroom. Bedroom is on third floor with sea view terrace, equipped with TV, SAT, Internet access, room is air conditioned, bed dimensions 200*180, It has front sea view;
- Bathroom 1 is en-suite bathroom to double bedroom 1, equipped with shower, toilet, bidet and hand sink (first floor).
- Bathroom 2 is en-suite bathroom to double bedroom 2, equipped with shower, stand alone bath, toilet, bidet and double hand sink (first floor).
- Bathroom 3 is bathroom cross the hall to twin room, equipped with shower, toilet and hand sink (second floor).
- Bathroom 4 is en-suite bathroom to double bedroom 4, equipped with shower, stand alone bath (sea view), toilet and hand sink (third floor).
- Bathroom 5 is en-suite bathroom to double bedroom 5, equipped with shower, stand alone bath (sea view), toilet and hand sink (third floor).
Kitchen is fully equipped kitchen with cooker, oven, two large fridges and ice maker, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, wine cabinet, blender, coffee machine, and including all kitchen accessories and appliances.
Cleaning/ towels/ linen/ maid service
Towels and linen are included. Also sun bed towels for pool are included. Villa is cleaned ones a week before guest arrival (changeover day) and towels and linen are changed on weekly basis. Please note that the use of Self Tanners are not allowed and replacement linen may be charged for if linen becomes stained from its use.
Hot tub: Please note that sun creams should not be used in the hot tub. New water is provided in the Hot Tub for each booking. Provided that the water is not soiled and sun creams are not used, the water does not need to be changed. If a water change is required during a booking, this will be charged.
- Bedroom number one with en-suite bathroom – 40 square meters (sea and pool views)
- Bedroom number two with en-suite bathroom – 40 square meters(sea and pool views)
- En-closed veranda in front of both bedrooms – 80 square meters (sea and pool views)
- Infinity Pool – 50 square meters
- Terrace near the pool (entrance to sea) – 250 square meters
- Laundry room
- Living room, archway to dining and kitchen – 80 square meters (sea views)
- Twin room – 20 square meters (side sea view)
- Bathroom – 10 square meters
- Terrace in front partially covered with wooden beams – 110 square meters, covered part 65 square meters (sea and pool views)
- Storage – 20 square meters
- Bedroom number four with en-suite bathroom – 55 square meters (sea views) sofa bed (200 x 140cm)
- Bedroom number five with en-suite bathroom – 55 square meters (sea views) sofa bed (200 x 140cm)
- Terrace in front of both bedrooms – 35 square meters (sea views)
Iron & Board Hairdryer in each bedroom
Parking 4 cars
Pets Not Allowed Berth in local port
We had a fantastic holiday – many thanks!
Villa Zavalia was also excellent – quite different to Godi Star, but a good contrast. Renata was really helpful too, particularly when we managed to lock ourselves on one of the terraces one evening!
Already thinking of our next trip!
Regards, Simon” August 2017
It was a great holiday that we thoroughly enjoyed. Renata was great as well. Please feel free to give my email to any client if you need references, I will gladly highly recommend the Zavalia and Croatia Gems.
kind regards, CR” July 2017
From the Visitors’ Book:
“We had a fabulous visit to the villa with our friends from Kent.
Villa is second to none with excellent hospitality from Renata.
Hope to return someday for another great holiday.
Cathy & David, Scotland”. June 2016
From the Visitors’ Book:
“Staying on this island has been an absolute pleasure to say the least. The best host, the best company, the best food and the best views I have laid eyes on in a long time.
We loved the kayaks and strongly recommend the small beach to the left. We have also enjoyed many lovely nights at the bar in the port, which is run by the most wonderful men (ask for Boris).
Thank you, Croatia for having us, we loved every second.
The Garders and Kent Contingency, England” July
From the Visitors’ Book:
“4th – 18th June Heaven on earth. Thank you for a wonderful holiday. Renata is a star.
The Eliston family”
It’s hard to believe we’ve been back since Tuesday, where does the time go?
We had a lovely holiday in Korcula, despite the turbulent weather! At times it was lovely and sunny, but so unpredictable it was hard to plan things.
Renata insisted on taking all our washing away and returning it cleaned and ironed. With a baby, a small child and eight adults it was no mean feat. She really is a star, that woman, and nothing was too much trouble. And what a holiday for me having to do no washing.
We were very impressed with Croatia Gems and the service we received, especially when the storms struck. We found your company was indeed very caring and thoughtful and we appreciated the free loan of the kayaks which the young enjoyed.
With our thanks and very best wishes.
David and Pinkie” June 2016
“To Renata and Francis,
Thank you for all the driving around you have done for us. We have had a lovely time. Thank you for an amazing stay in the Villa. Had lovely weather. Also thank you for the opportunity to stay in this amazing place. It made Oliver’s 10th birthday with the amazing cake also made by Renata.
We are glad we discovered Croatia. Also thank you to Renata for making our holiday even more special and spoiling us. We will definitely be visiting and staying in this villa again.
We will miss staying here!
Thank you again from the Bonner family from England.”
Thank you very much. May I say, as you know I’ve travelled independently to Croatia many times and booked Villas etc but the service your company has provided to date has been excellent and I’d have no hesitation recommending you or using you again next year
Lawrie” June 2016
“Hi Denise, I would like to thank you and your team at Croatia Gems, for a fantastic holiday! We had the greatest time ever, probably one of our best holidays! We didn’t realize what a pretty country it is, and all the people are so friendly. All of the drivers we had to do our transfers and trips went out of their way to make sure our trips were comfortable and that we had everything we needed, not to mention all the information they gave us about their lovely country! Villa Zavalia is pure paradise!! We didn’t want to leave!!! Croatia Gems is definitely the travel rep we will use again, as we would now love to visit the other areas of Croatia” Caroline, July
“An amazing week in the beautiful sun
Together we had a lot of fun
The pool is idyllic and the views are great
We all vote this as top rate
Villa Zavalia a lovely place to retreat
The space and facilities are quite unique
We saw a dolphin at breakfast a rare sight,
A beautiful creature black and white
Down at the sea an octopus was seen
The camera caught it, we were very keen
We are so grateful for God’s creation
Being here it was a wonderful location
We must return to our humble abode
Off we sadly go we must hit the road.”
Trimmer family, Croydon 2015
Prices Per Week
All prices are in Euros (€) per villa/ apt/ room. Prices shown in other currencies are indicative and an estimate only.
Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights.
Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less
Please note: Some prices may still be in the process of being confirmed – please confirm price on booking.