VILLA FLORANNEVE – CAVTAT BAY, DUBROVNIK RIVIERA
Villa in Dubrovnik - This is the perfect family friendly Croatia villa with large pool and big garden in Cavtat close to the beach and things to do for all age groups. “The villa was magnificent, without doubt the best rented villa we have been to – Cavtat is a delightful village – area was beautiful”. Fabulous Cavtat family villa set in a large, private walled garden with pool, just minutes from the sea edge, beaches & restaurants in the picturesque village of Cavtat.
Villa OverviewThis fabulous Cavtat family Villa, was originally a 1920’s summer house, the villa is rather special as it was built and owned by an English lady and her local husband – they were said to have been friends with King Edward V111 and Wallace Simpson who apparently stayed with them in this house during their whirl wind tour of the Dalmatian Coast in the 30’s! The house has been host to some other very distinguished guests and during its time between WW1 and WW2, famous visitors to grace the grounds included; George Bernard Shaw, Hilaire Belloc and Sidney and Beatrice Webb. It has been lovingly restored by its new owners into a warm and friendly family home and is furnished with some lovely old pieces especially brought over from England.
This fabulous Cavtat family Villa has very spacious accommodation and is ideal for 2 families or a group – villas are very rare in Cavtat so it tends to book very early and very quickly.
The panoramic balcony views make waking up in the morning a joy and the terrace in the garden is a lovely spot to enjoy at any time of the day or evening. You might also want to retreat to the 'moroccan’ outside sitting room which is a wonderful area to snooze and read in the shade during those warm afternoons. There is also a separate ‘little house’ – this used to be the servants quarters and is now a studio apartment.
The walled garden of this fabulous Cavtat family villa is filled with lovely Mediterranean plants and flowers and enjoys a very secluded position. It boasts a large pool and there is a summer kitchen/BBQ area for wonderful al-fresco dining on balmy summer evenings.
Table tennis, badminton and other outdoor games are on hand for extra amusement at this fabulous Cavtat family villa (the badminton area includes an Astroturf surface and net). The house is just a 5 minute walk to the sea and the beautiful village with its waterfront bars, cafes, shops and restaurants – the location is ideal.
Accommodation• Sleeps: Up to 10 people
• Number of bedrooms: 4 doubles and 1 single plus extra beds
• Features: Fantastic location just above Cavtat and lovely interior
• Balconies: Fabulous views along the Dubrovnik Riviera
• Living Room: Tranquil sitting room with period furniture and leather sofa and chairs
• Kitchen: Main kitchen is large with dining area and all mod cons (including hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer). Kitchenettes in the loft area and the ‘little house’
• Number of Bathrooms: 3 (big bathroom on the 1st floor, en-suite bathroom on the 2nd floor, en-suite bathroom in the ‘little house’). Note: the main house bathroom has a bath with hand held shower, but without a shower curtain, however it does have a separate shower.
• Air conditioning: There is one air con unit in the attic room area in the main house. It is not designed to be a central cooling device but does provide a gentle flow of cool air that drops down through the house. The house has large thick white walls which usually remain cool throughout the season. The middle floor rooms have windows, shutters and terrace doors – guests generally like to have the windows open and the shutters closed at night. Electric fans and ceiling fans are located throughout the property in various rooms. The little house also has an air con unit.
• Wifi: Yes
• Jacuzzi: Yes
Bedrooms & Bathrooms:• Master Bedroom (2nd floor): large loft room with 1 double bed, en-suite bathroom, kitchenette and private balcony
• Bedroom 2 (1st floor): adult double room (1 double bed)
• Bedroom 3 (1st floor): 1 single bed
• Bedroom 4 (1st floor): large flexible bedroom (good as a kids/teens room) with 1 double bed and single bunk bed above, plus 2 double futon sofa-beds, and balcony
• Little House – studio apartment (ground floor): with 1 double bed sleeps 2, en-suite bathroom, kitchen and living area (also has air conditioning)
• Cot also available
Location OverviewThis fabulous Cavtat family villa is very close to everything – car not required.
Cavtat is loved by all who visit – a real ‘gem’, untouched and full of history, where freshly caught seafood and delicious local wines are on offer at the lovely local eateries. One of our favourite places for coffee and people watching, Cavtat attracts a lot of super yachts.
Cavtat is just 10 minutes drive from Dubrovnik airport and approx. 20 minutes drive ( or ferry ) from Dubrovnik Old Town and apart from being beautifully scenic, the area has something for everyone - local activities include wakeboarding, water-skiing, swimming, shallow-water and deep-sea fishing, sailing, motor boating, scuba diving, snorkeling, walking, mountain biking, tennis, beach activities etc – this fabulous Cavtat family villa is one of our favourite villas and we know you will love it!
Location Summary• Sea: 5 minutes walk down to the bay
• Shop: in the village within walking distance
• Restaurants and bars: yes – within walking distance in the bay
• Bank: cash point in Cavtat
• Pharmacy: in Cavtat
• Walking: lovely walks through the wooded peninsula in Cavtat on the other side of the bay
• Airport: 10 minutes (Dubrovnik)
• Pool: open May – Sept inclusive – please enquire otherwise
Other Location InformationCavtat is loved by all who visit – a real ‘gem’, untouched and full of history, where freshly caught seafood and delicious local wines are on offer at the lovely local eateries. One of our favourite places for coffee and people watching, Cavtat attracts a lot of super yachts.
Cavtat is just 10 minutes drive from Dubrovnik airport and approx. 20 minutes drive ( or ferry ) from Dubrovnik Old Town and apart from being beautifully scenic, the area has something for everyone – local activities include wakeboarding, water-skiing, swimming, shallow-water and deep-sea fishing, sailing, motor boating, scuba diving, snorkeling, walking, mountain biking, tennis, beach activities etc – this fabulous Cavtat family villa is one of our favourite villas and we know you will love it!
All prices are in EUROS per villa per week, unless otherwise stated (you can choose to see an indicative price in GBP based on the current exchange rate): Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights. Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please enquire and confirm price before booking. In particular, please check 2023 prices with us before booking as they may not yet be confirmed.
Feel free to email us with any general enquiries you have or for help planning your villa holiday in Croatia.
If you would like to Enquire about a villa, get a Quote, Reserve or Book, please select the dates on the calendar & click ‘Book or Contact’. And we will contact you. Don’t worry, enquiring doesn’t doesn’t mean you have to book!
Call for a Chat!
We spend a lot if time visiting the areas and villas so we know them all well. Feel free to give us a call and we’ll be happy to help at whatever stage of planning your holiday you are at: UK +44 (0) 117 409 0850 USA +1 (0) 914 826 8530