VILLA COTURI - MOKALO BAY, NEAR OREBIC, PELJESAC PENINSULA
Beach villas in Croatia – 5 bedroom comfortable villa with lovely garden right on the beach within easy reach of Orebic and Korcula. Absolutely stunning location by a paradise beach near bustling Orebic and the ferry station to Korcula Island. When you think “Croatia”, this is this sort of beach you’re aiming for and this beautiful beach villa with style has direct access to that beach! It definitely has the wow factor, and the photos really don’t do it justice..
Villa OverviewVilla Coturi is a beautiful traditional stone house and is a beach villa in Croatia that a lot of our customers really don’t want to leave, as it has that comfortable coming home feel to it, so you just settle right in.
Inside, the large open plan lounge kitchen area leads on to a great shaded dining and entertainment terrace, complete with attractive lounge area and BBQ/Summer Kitchen. On this ground floor level there are also three double bedrooms and a bathroom. On the first floor there are two double bedrooms (with en-suite bathrooms) which share a sea view terrace. There is also a Romeo and Juliet balcony connected to one of the master suites upstairs and now also a rooftop terrace to complement this beach villa in Croatia.
Outside, there’s a magical garden, full of lemon, lime, fig and palm trees to offer shade in the heat of the day, complete with sun loungers /Hammocks etc to rest and read, and a perfectly positioned table and chairs at the beach end of the garden to sit and be mesmerised by the sea view. And of course, the main attraction – to get to the beach itself, from this beach villa in Croatia, just follow the steps down directly to the beach and water, and dive in!
Take it from us, this is one stunning location – the beach in Mokalo is a personal favourite of ours, hidden away so it has just the right buzz about it, beautiful, clear turquoise water and a beach snack bar right on the beach to chill out and watch the beach from. We think it’s the nicest beach in the area – it’s certainly hard to beat and Villa Coturi ticks all the boxes for a beach villa in Croatia.
If this villa isn't right for you, please check other Peljesac villas here – also don’t miss our ‘By Request only’ villa collection for more options.
Accommodation• Sleeps: 10
• Number of Bedrooms: 5 Double Bedrooms (Beds are queen size)
• Bathrooms: 4 – Upstairs – 2 master en-suite bathrooms with large tubs, Downstairs – One shower toilet sink bathroom. Outside – One shared shower under a palm.
o Bathroom 1 – Toilet, Shower Enclosure
o Bathroom 2 – Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
o Bathroom 3 – Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
o Bathroom 4 – Shower Enclosure, Outdoor shared shower under a palm tree!
• Air Conditioning: yes (in every bedroom and in living room)
• Internet: yes, free Wi-fi (the signal is ok – best in the living room and on the deck, less strong further from the router upstairs and in the garden)
• Iron & Ironing Board: yes
• Open-plan kitchen/lounge area:
• Living Room: yes (Books, DVD Player, Games, Music Library, Satellite / Cable TV, Stereo, Television, Toys)
• Dining Area: yes on terrace (Seating for 10 people)
• Kitchen: yes (Coffee Maker, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Hob, Toaster, Child’s Highchair)
• Parking: yes (for 3 cars)
• Tumble Dryer: yes
• Washing Machine: yes
• Wood Stove: yes
• Hair Dryer: yes
• Balconies: yes (shared terrace for two first floor bedrooms & rooftop terrace)
• Garden: yes
• Barbecue: yes
• Non-smoking only
• Not suitable for wheelchairs
• Boat Mooring: yes, on request – please enquire to arrange
Location OverviewThis is a gorgeous area to base yourself for a holiday. The Peljesac Peninsula is rich in stunning scenery and places to visit – just an hour and a half’s drive from Dubrovnik, the old maritime town of Orebic is right in the wine region and only a 15 minute boat hop to the wonderful old town of Korcula and its archipelago of pretty islands.
Mokalo is a little village just before Orebic so you can while away the days on the beach and head to Orebic when you fancy a bit more nightlife and greater selection of restaurants of an evening. For a real treat, if you don't fancy driving, call up one of the water taxis to come and pick you up from the neighbour's jetty
Further up the coast the little villages of Kuciste, Viganj Bay and Loviste Bay are delightful. For the action oriented, try some wind or kite surfing at Viganj and don’t miss a trip to Mljet Island and it’s incredible national park for some sublime natural beauty and untouched beaches.
There are two beach bars in the bay just a short walk away from the villa – we’d recommend the Tikki bar and restaurant overlooking the sea – and there’s also a scuba-diving centre with a nearby ship wreck to explore for the adventurous!
Definitely worth visiting a winery and doing some wine tasting – or at the very least discover the high quality local wines of Dingac and Postup which both have vineyards close by. People do Wine Tours from Dubrovnik to this area, it's really special. Even the local house wines are usually fantastic here and good value for money – in short – try the wine!!
We’d recommend a trip to the Mljet Island – there's lots of things to do on Mljet Island - it has a national park with interior lakes at one end which is a must see, but at the other end of the island it’s more wild with untouched beaches – it’s a real escape into untouched nature.
This is a great area for water sports and Viganj Bay has hosted the world championships for windsurfing – you can get lessons and hire boards. Even watching the kite surfers is good fun and you can get into the atmosphere of the surfers at the beach side or hanging out at Restaurant Ponta on the beach.
Korcula Island is just a short ferry hop from Orebic Town and well worth a visit. Korcula Town’s like a mini Dubrovnik Old Town and is the supposed birthplace of Marco Polo according to Croatians – Korcula Island was part of the Venetian empire during that time...
Hire a car and explore the area – on the Peljesac Peninsula the scenery is breath taking with vineyards, bays, islands and seascapes – basing yourself here means you have the whole Peninsula and Korcula Island to explore – drive to the tip of the Peninsula and sea all the surrounding Dalmatian islands stretching out into the distance or drive on to the car ferry to Korcula and explore rustic, authentic villages and bays.
Location Summary• Beach: approx. 40m & 60 steps (snack/cafe bars & dive centre)
• Cafe/Bars: in Mokalo just a short wander from the villa – nearest 30m (at Camp Sites Adriatic & Vala) – campsites to the right & front of the villa
• Restaurant: two, at either end of Mokalo beach a short wander from the villa (the restaurant at Camp Adriatic is just 30m) and more in Orebic town
• Catering at the villa: the villa manager can provide a 'home cooked experience' (please enquire)
• Sightseeing: in the general area around Orebic there are churches, the marina at Orebic, the old town of Orebic with a rich maritime history, Illyrian ruins, winery tours and wine tasting
• In the Bay: dive centre in Mokalo plus Scuba, snorkelling, kayak rental, excursions and boat taxi
• In the Area: windsurfing and kite surfing, excursions, kayaking, snorkelling, walking, cycling, fishing, jet ski’s, tennis courts at local hotel, water tubes
• ATM / Bank: Orebic
• Grocery shops and supermarket: there is usually a fresh bread truck every morning from 7-8 am and there is a Konzum supermarket 3 km from Mokalo
• Pharmacy: Orebic
• Doctors surgery: Orebic
• Airport: Dubrovnik – 120 km (approx. one and a half hours drive)
• Ferry Port: Orebic (5km and approx. 5 minutes drive)
• Car: Recommended
• Mooring can be arranged through the Adriatic camp site
All prices are in EUROS per villa per week, unless otherwise stated (you can choose to see an indicative price in GBP based on the current exchange rate): Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights. Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less. Please note that prices may not be 100% accurate for dates outside of the current calendar year. For an accurate quote, please enquire and confirm price before booking. In particular, please check 2023 prices with us before booking as they may not yet be confirmed.
Feel free to email us with any general enquiries you have or for help planning your villa holiday in Croatia.
If you would like to Enquire about a villa, get a Quote, Reserve or Book, please select the dates on the calendar & click ‘Book or Contact’. And we will contact you. Don’t worry, enquiring doesn’t doesn’t mean you have to book!
Call for a Chat!
We spend a lot if time visiting the areas and villas so we know them all well. Feel free to give us a call and we’ll be happy to help at whatever stage of planning your holiday you are at: UK +44 (0) 117 409 0850 USA +1 (0) 914 826 8530