VILLA SOPHIA – ZATON BAY, DUBROVNIK RIVIERA
Villa in Dubrovnik - Villa Sophia is a large Croatia villa with pool set in pretty Zaton Bay, one of the most lovely places for a Dubrovnik villa rental. “Amazing holiday in Zaton – what a fabulous place, we were enchanted – the accommodation was outstanding”... Villa Sophia is a large, stone house a short wander from the sea, restaurants & village in the beautiful, calm bay of Zaton, close to the Old Town of Dubrovnik.
Villa OverviewVilla Sophia is an outstanding large Dubrovnik villa, just a short stroll from the sea in one of the areas' most beautiful bays - Zaton and only a short drive from lovely Dubrovnik.
A villa of this size is very rare in this area so it’s extremely popular with mixed family groups, reunions and especially wedding parties who all want to stay together but need their personal space.
The garden around the villa is planted with olive trees and surrounds the house on 3 sides. Together with the high walls it makes for a lovely private villa, and set in a small residential street it’s a really peaceful location. It comes complete with a brilliant summer kitchen area – with a huge built in BBQ grill (wood fired) and then the room next to it has a sink fridge freezer oven etc – plenty of work surface for your prep too! Great if your a large party who likes to eat together al fresco – On one side of the house there is an attractive pool to cool you down on hot summer days. A large terrace with a table in the garden provides perfect alfresco dining and the garden also has a covered terrace area with seating for a more informal evening meal – Please enquire if you would like a chef to come and cook for you one night especially if there is a special occasion to celebrate.
Accommodation• Alfresco Dining & Evening ambience! The terrace is a great area for dining – olive trees, plants & sea views
• Poolside Games & Gym: Wind down in the Gym/Games Room
• Features: only minutes from the sea and some lovely restaurants
• Balconies: yes – in some of the apartments
• Kitchen: there is a fully equipped kitchen on the first floor but other apartments have kitchenettes and there is a large summer kitchen outside
• Central Area – when rented as a whole house, the larger, 2 bedroom apartment has a good sized lounge area
• Parking: street parking and a private garage for 2 cars
• BBQ: yes huge, with full summer kitchen & outside seating areas
• TV/Satellite: yes
• Washing Machine: yes
• Air con: yes in various studios & rooms – the one & two bedroom apartments have air con units in the living rooms only which allow cool air to flow to bedrooms (see more details below)
• Car Recommended: optional
• Mobility Rating: 2
• See below for Accommodation breakdown
Villa LayoutThe villa comprises 8 suites (9 bedrooms) sleeping 19 in beds (across the villa there are 7 double beds & 5 single beds). There are also additional sofa beds are available for use as required. There is one larger central apartment which contains a communal eating and living area for the villa where some of your group can gather.
There are additional double sofa beds in the following suites:
• A1, A2, A5, A7 & A8 have double sofa beds
GROUND FLOOR – (POOL LEVEL)
• Suite A1 – 1 bedroom with double bed, separate living room (sofa converts to double sofa bed), ground floor, by pool with big bathroom and no sea view. Bathroom has a shower cabin and a jacuzzi bath, sea view. AC unit in living room, bedroom is separate and has no AC unit of its own. DOUBLE SOFABED in Living Room.
• Suite A2 – contains the gym which has en- suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath & shower cabin plus a bedroom with double bed (no window) & double sofa bed, ground floor. AC unit in the gym, bedroom is separate and has no AC unit of its own. DOUBLE SOFABED in Bedroom.
1ST FLOOR – (EXTERNAL STEPS TO ENTRANCE FROM GROUND FLOOR)
• Suite A3 – 2 good sized bedrooms, 2 double beds (1 in each bedroom), 1st floor, terrace, 2 bathrooms (1 with bath and 1 with a shower), fully fitted kitchen containing coffeemaker, microwave, dish washer, fridge freezer, separate oven, gas cooker, living room – this apartment is larger than the rest and contains an area that can be used as a communal eating and living area for some villa guests. There is a sea view conservatory / dining area with table seating 8. One AC unit in the living room, one A/C unit in the master bedroom, one bedroom without AC unit of its own.
2ND FLOOR – (INTERNAL STAIRS FROM 1ST FLOOR)
• Studio Suite A4 – back facing, no sea view, twin beds, 2nd floor, quite small, no sofa bed. Has AC unit in the same room as the beds.
• Studio Suite A5 – 2nd floor, double bed & double sofa bed, front facing, bigger than A4, sea view, sea view balcony – shared with A6, small kitchenette (2 ring hob & sink). Has AC unit in the same room as the beds. A Studio is one room - DOUBLE SOFABED in same room.
• Studio Suite A6 – 2nd floor, double bed, small kitchenette (2 ring hob & sink), sea view balcony – shared with A5. Has AC unit in the same room as the beds. No Sofa bed.
3RD FLOOR – (INTERNAL STAIRS FROM 2ND FLOOR)
• Studio Suite A7 – double bed, single bed & double sofa bed, in the roof on the 3rd floor, small kitchenette (2 ring hob & sink). Bathroom with massage bath. Has AC unit in the same room as the beds. A Studio is one room - DOUBLE SOFABED in same room.
• Studio Suite A8 – twin beds & double sofa bed, in the roof on the 3rd floor, small kitchenette (2 ring hob & sink), windows are quite high so no real sea view, bathroom with massage bath. Has AC unit in the same room as the beds. A Studio is one room - DOUBLE SOFABED in same room.
General Information• Gym and Games room: Minimum age 16
• Washing Machine: yes – in the entrance hallway for general use
• TV, DVD, Satellite TV
• Pool: 9m x 5m open May – Sept inclusive – please enquire otherwise (9 sun loungers)
• Summer Kitchen: yes – fully equipped outdoor Summer Kitchen with oven, gas cooker, dish washer, sink & fridge next to stone BBQ & outdoor dining area with small table and chairs
• Pergola Covered Dining Area: Seats 12, plus additional table for 5 (more may be possible – please enquire)
Other Information• Prices are based on up to 17 people (For groups of 18-20 people there is an increase on the basic price). Please refer to Price List – See Prices Section.
• Maximum 20 People – the villa works well with around 12-15 people and doesn’t have to be filled to capacity to be enjoyed.
• Family groups only as it’s in a quiet residential street
• Minimum 5 night bookings in June 2023
Location OverviewThe location is wonderful - Zaton is a picturesque and charming little village in a bay, perfect for relaxing in the sunshine and swimming in the sea. It has little pebbly beaches and swimming spots, and plenty of pine trees for shade – it’s really pleasant to walk along the shore or just to sit in one of the little sea-front restaurants sipping a glass of local wine! The sea in Zaton is a particularly vivid colour and Zaton was a favourite of the old Dubrovnik aristocratic families who used to holiday there.
The villa is also only 15 minutes drive from the ancient walled city of Dubrovnik so if you get bored of lounging around the pool or bathing in the sea, and having fresh fish BBQs then you can sightsee, shop or eat in the stunning old town or take a trip to one of the nearby islands. There are regular buses to the old town from the bus stop just up the road, and boat hire from the harbour . Apparently a favourite with families that have stayed here you can get a boat to take you out to Kolocep Island - which is lovely for a picnic , sandy beach - no cars allowed and the clearest water.
Dubrovnik is the most well known destination on the Dubrovnik Riviera with its famous medieval walled town, but there are many other beautiful and interesting places worth a visit like Cavtat, Konavle, Mlini, the Elaphiti islands of Kolocep and Lopud, The Peljesac Peninsula, The Islands of Korcula and Mljet… Great food, stunning views and wonderful sea-side locations and beaches – this is a real gem.
Location Summary• Sea: 5 minutes walk down to the sea edge in the bay (approx 290m)
• Beach: Zaton Beach is a 6 minute walk from the villa (approx 400m)
• Shop: Village has a small supermarket and a bakery
• Restaurants: approximately 12 open from June – Sept (1 is 300m away on the sea edge (approx 6 minutes walk) – beautiful location!), 2 open throughout the year within walking distance (more at the Sun Gardens resort)
• Bank: Dubrovnik but there is an ATM in the village
• Pharmacy: Dubrovnik
• Post Office, Tourist Office and Bus Stop: 250m
• Walking: lovely walks around the bay
• Airport: 45 minutes (Dubrovnik)
All prices are in EUROS per villa per week, unless otherwise stated (you can choose to see an indicative price in GBP based on the current exchange rate): Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights. Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less. Please note that prices may not have been confirmed for dates outside of the current calendar year. Please enquire and confirm price before booking.
Email Us / Enquire!
Enquire about a villa or feel free to email us with any general enquiries you have. We are happy to help you plan your villa holiday in Croatia.
Request a Provisional Reservation
If you are interested in booking this villa, and would like to put a hold on your dates, or make a Provisional Reservation, please select the dates on the calendar & click ‘Proceed’. We will put the villa on hold for you (pending availability) and let you know how to book!
Call for a Chat!
We spend a lot if time visiting the areas and villas so we know them all well. Feel free to give us a call and we’ll be happy to help at whatever stage of planning your holiday you are at: UK +44 (0) 117 409 0850 USA +1 (0) 914 826 8530