VILLA NINO – GRUDA, KONAVLE, DUBROVNIK RIVIERA
A stunning Dubrovnik villa - perfect for a family and with rustic charm and spectacular views... Villa Nino is a stunning Dubrovnik villa with pool in a little village just 5km from Gruda in Konavle. In 2017 it came 1st in the best family friendly European awards and it's well deserved.
Villa OverviewEverything is on hand at this beautiful villa, really well equipped with everything from table tennis to a football pitch! The summer kitchen outside is so well equipped, the indoor one is hardly used.
This stunning Dubrovnik villa has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms on the 1st floor, each room has air conditioning. One of the bedrooms has an additional single bed to give extra flexibility for sleeping arrangements. On the ground floor is a kitchen and living room. There is also an additional double bedroom with bathroom, sauna and gym equipment, so the house can easily sleep 8 in separate, private rooms and has 4 bathrooms in total.
Outside is a Summer Kitchen and dining area. The villa has a pool (size 12m x 4m = 48m2), sauna and Jacuzzi, gym room and also a badminton/volleyball court small (with goals for mini football) and a table tennis table, so it makes a perfect base for families or couples seeking a quiet location away from the crowds.
Accommodation• Sleeps: 8
• Number of bedrooms: 3 double bedrooms, 1 triple (double bed and a single bed)
• Gym Equipment in 4th Bedroom: currently 1 x step machine & 1 x treadmill (may be added to or changed – please enquire at time of booking to confirm)
• Features: great views , pool, sauna & Jacuzzi
• Number of Bathrooms: 4 (4th bedroom is separate from the main house on other side of pool and also contains the gym equipment)
• Air Conditioning: Air conditioned
• Pool: yes (size 12m x 4m = 48m2)
• Summer kitchen & BBQ: yes
• Badminton/Volleyball (or mini- football) play area: yes
• Table tennis: yes
Location OverviewThis stunning Dubrovnik villa is well located to savour the best the region has to offer. This is a gorgeous area of tall cypress trees and wonderful old villages, beautiful scenery, stunning beaches and lots of activities! There are wonderful little fishing villages and pretty coves, beautiful views of the sea, walks through ancient vineyards and olive groves and activities such as horse riding, folk dancing events etc are available in the surrounding country side.
If you are more inclined to have some fast paced action, then there ATV buggies too. Great to keep youngsters amused and have some family fun at the new Activity Park near Gruda. You don’t need to leave the village but if you do fancy getting out and about to explore the Dubrovnik Riviera, then everything is within easy reach. Cavtat Bay, a charming sea edge old town with a delightful selection of restaurants and cafe bars is 20 min drive away and of course, the ‘must-see’ Old Town of Dubrovnik is only a 40 min drive away. You could even water taxi in from Cavtat right into Dubrovnik Old Town’s harbour!
One of the most interesting draws of the Konavle region is that it was traditionally, and still is, the main wine and olive growing area of the Dubrovnik Riviera so be sure to make the most of that with lots of wine tasting and sampling of local dishes. It is known for its quality wines, olives, olive oil, and wide variety of local produce so the gastronomic side of Konavle is not to be missed. Visit local taverns and wine cellars and partake in some wine tasting, and try some local traditional delicacies – this region has a mouth-watering selection of some of the best traditional eateries on the Dubrovnik Riviera… one of them is just down the hill from the villa.
Location Summary• Beach/Sea: There are beautiful Konavle beaches - Pasjaca beach is just 15 mins drive (13km) - mixture of sand and pebbles and there is very nice local rocky beach Luka cca 6.2 km away Prevlaka beach (23km) is nice too near Moulenat and 15km to the south is a pebble beach at Molunat . Gorgeous Cavtat is 20 km away too – lovely swimming spots! Cavtat has gorgeous places to swim, water sports, diving, boat trips to islands etc is a short drive. Of course Dubrovnik old town which is a must see is only around 40 minutes (33km).
• Shops, Restaurants and Bars: Nearest 200m in the village Konoba Mrs & Mr Caput - they smoke their own meats and have a great menu.. There is also a small local shop and greengrocers in the village and a little café/bar - The village of Gruda is only a 10 minute drive this is the hub of the local farming communities so local produce is really reasonable and high quality (two good restaurants there + a really good pizziera) and a few shops, supermarkets butchers and 2 bakeries.
- Cavtat Bay is 20 km away with a large variety of restaurants/cafes etc
- Cilipi also has a shops and bars and a pizza-restaurant;
- a wonderful riverside traditional restaurant is 7km away called “Vinica Monkovic”- definitely worth a visit!
- Konavoski Dvori also a superb riverside traditional restaurant, is just next to it so you are spoilt for choice!
Bank, Pharmacy and Internet café: Gruda has an ATM, Post office Shops and cafes etc
• Other activities: Horse riding in the village, Off Road ATV Jeep Safari - both 5 mins away . Hiking at Prevlaka Park,
Montenegro and Bosnia borders both a short drive.
• Car Recommended: Although the house is conveniently located in the middle of the village, barely 200 m from a bus stop for the Dubrovnik and Cavtat bus lines, we’d recommend having a car to get out and about and explore!
• Car/Passenger Ferry: An easy drive to Dubrovnik, and you can enjoy its history and entertainment; a number of ferries depart from there to nearby islands as well as the National park on the Island of Mljet
• Airport: 10 min drive from Dubrovnik airport
This stunning Dubrovnik villa is well located to savour the best the region has to offer.
All prices are in EUROS per villa per week, unless otherwise stated (you can choose to see an indicative price in GBP based on the current exchange rate): Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights. Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less. Please note that prices may not have been confirmed for dates outside of the current calendar year. Please enquire and confirm price before booking.
Email Us / Enquire!
Enquire about a villa or feel free to email us with any general enquiries you have. We are happy to help you plan your villa holiday in Croatia.
Request a Provisional Reservation
If you are interested in booking this villa, and would like to put a hold on your dates, or make a Provisional Reservation, please select the dates on the calendar & click ‘Proceed’. We will put the villa on hold for you (pending availability) and let you know how to book!
Call for a Chat!
We spend a lot if time visiting the areas and villas so we know them all well. Feel free to give us a call and we’ll be happy to help at whatever stage of planning your holiday you are at: UK +44 (0) 117 409 0850 USA +1 (0) 914 826 8530