VILLA SLATINE – SLATINE BAY, SPLIT RIVIERA
Brilliant family beach villa – great location just 20m from the beach, with pool, in lovely Slatine Bay close to restaurants & water taxi to the Old Town of Trogir. Slatine Bay is one of our favourite locations, with its laid back feel & plentiful beaches, water sports and restaurants, plus a convenient link to nearby Trogir by water taxi – brilliant beach Villa Slatine ticks all our boxes.
Villa OverviewLovely Family Villa Slatine has a great position, just 20m from the sea and the gorgeous Plaza Beach. It is a brilliant family beach villa, where you can chose to lounge around on the terraces by the pool and enjoy the views of Kastela Bay and the mountains or take a dip across the road in the lovely clear sea.
A great place to relax, Villa Slatine is split into a ground floor and a 1st floor area so would be ideal for two families or a group of friends. There are external stairs to the upstairs apartment.
Plaza Beach is just across the road from this brilliant family beach villa and is a beautiful spot to chill out. Shaded by pine trees with a Beach Bar & Restaurant called the Restaurant Bistro Plaza, there is also a shop for fresh bread every morning and a selection of local meats and vegetables for your BBQ.
Nearby Slatine Village and Slatine Bay generally have more restaurants and beaches and a short drive or kayak up the coast brings you to Kava Beach and the tip of the island! Kayaking is great fun as the sea out there is non tidal there are no large waves to knock you over.
From Slatine you can get a water taxi to Trogir Old Town and also Split Old Town and there is also a fairly good bus service from here too so you could manage without a car easily.
Accommodation• Bedrooms: 5 bedrooms (Ground floor has 3 doubles; 1st floor has 1 double and 1 twin). – sleeps 10
• Additional sofa beds – 2 (sleeps 4)
• Dining: Ground floor – table with 4 chairs & 1st floor – table with 6 chairs
• Living rooms: 2
• Kitchens: 2 plus 1 outside summer kitchen
• Bathrooms: 3 (Ground floor has 2 bathrooms; 1st floor has 1 bathroom)
• 2 x large terraces plus veranda
• Air conditioning – there is a central unit on each of the floors
• Washing Machine
• Children’s play area
• Pool 30m ²
• Pool area: Lounge set for 5 people, 3 wooden sun loungers and 3 folding sun loungers near the pool.
• Next to the grill there is a table with 2 benches (seating 8 people) plus 2 chairs at either end of the table.
• Ground floor Front terrace: 3 sun loungers
• 1st Floor terrace: table with 6 chairs
Location OverviewThe medieval town and UNESCO World Heritage Site town of Trogir is just 10 minutes drive away, where you will find a scrumptious fruit market and countless shops and restaurants. However, you don't have to drive as there is a water taxi station on the beach, great way of starting the night. Take an evening walk through the tiny cobbled streets and squares and enjoy great sea food and Italian ice cream and just soak up the atmosphere.
There are plenty of things to do in the Split & Trogir Area like visit the Krka Waterfalls & Sibenik, Boat trip to Hvar Island & Blue Caves of Vis Island, visit the Mostar Old Town & Bridge and also the Plitvice Lakes.
Location Summary• Transfer: 25 minutes by car from Split airport via bridge connecting mainland to Ciovo Island (no ferry crossing required). Frequent bus service also available if car hire/transfer not desired. Taxis available or bike hire.
• Shops: Tommy’s supermarket is a short walk from the villa (approx. 100m), with a larger supermarket and fruit market in Trogir. Slatine also has a bakery.
• Restaurants/ bars/ cafes: Restaurant and bar Plaza approx. 100m from the villa, with more restaurants in Slatine village about 1km from the villa (approx. 15 minute’s walk)
• Swimming: in front of the villa!
• Beach: in front of the villa! Just come out of the villa, cross the road and you are on the beach!
• Hiking: yes – all around – the island has lots of countryside
• Boat hire: yes in Okrug or Trogir
• Pharmacy: in Trogir ( but you can also get basic stuff at Tommy’s )
• Passenger ferry: at Slatine harbour (just opposite of the restaurant Dida) there is a water taxi service to Split. Cost for water taxi is approx. 25kn per person and it takes 30 minutes to Split.
• Car/Passenger ferry: Split (40 minutes away) – to access the islands and Dubrovnik
• Airport: Split (25 minutes away)
• Mobility Rating: 1
• Car recommended: optional
All prices are in EUROS per villa per week, unless otherwise stated (you can choose to see an indicative price in GBP based on the current exchange rate): Most villas and apartments are booked by the week – please ask about booking less than 7 nights. Where short stays are possible, there is a 30% supplement for stays of 3 nights or less. Please note that prices may not have been confirmed for dates outside of the current calendar year. Please enquire and confirm price before booking.
Email Us / Enquire!
Enquire about a villa or feel free to email us with any general enquiries you have. We are happy to help you plan your villa holiday in Croatia.
Request a Provisional Reservation
If you are interested in booking this villa, and would like to put a hold on your dates, or make a Provisional Reservation, please select the dates on the calendar & click ‘Proceed’. We will put the villa on hold for you (pending availability) and let you know how to book!
Call for a Chat!
We spend a lot if time visiting the areas and villas so we know them all well. Feel free to give us a call and we’ll be happy to help at whatever stage of planning your holiday you are at: UK +44 (0) 117 409 0850 USA +1 (0) 914 826 8530