Vis Island’s Stivina Beach makes it onto CNN’s Best Beaches list
By Saron Lease, 7th March 2019
According to CNN Travel, you should make an effort to visit Croatia’s amazing Stivina Beach on tiny Vis island. Vis is of course the location for the latest Mamma Mia film.
It is a boat ride from the mainland port of Split and a hike to the south side of Vis to the beach, which is a smooth, white pebble beach encircled by sheer limestone walls. A 16-feet-wide “cliff gate” opens the beach to this area’s turquoise sea. It’s hard to reach by land as the treacherous route down the steep south slope is not for the feint hearted or ill-clad holiday maker. Just as well, says CNN, since Stiniva’s tiny size can be strained by peak-season swimmers, sunbathers and snorkelers which can be ferried in by water taxis.
Photo © Sailweekcroatia
- Browse Villas in Croatia
- To book Croatia villas: Email: [email protected], Tel: UK 0044 (0) 117 409 0850 / USA +1 (0) 914 826 8530,
- Browse Croatia Locations
- Explore the best Croatia Beaches for your Croatia Holiday…
- Check out Things to do in Croatia
- Search Flights to Croatia
- Check out our Special Offers Page